Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

AC9560 best link speed 886.7Mbps on 5HGz 802.11ac ???

tzr916
Beginner

This is my router:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c8/

This is my laptop:

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/Modern-14-A10RB

I have already seen and verified the laptop wifi adapter settings:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030670/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

Router 5GHz wifi settings:

mode: a/n/ac mixed

channel width: auto

channel: 153

The best link speed I can seem to get is 886.7Mbps. How do I get a link speed of 1300Mbps with this combination?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

tzr916, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, "How do I get a link speed of 1300Mbps with this combination?", just to let you know, it is very hard for us to be able to provide a specific way or method to get the connection speed you are looking for because there are a lot of factors and variables that come into play that can determine the speed of the Wireless connection, such as, Internet Service Provider (ISP), other users connected, Access Point, infrastructure walls and other appliances at home, band selected and so on, so it is unlikely for Intel® to provide an accurate answer as it depends on different factors.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello tzr916, I just wanted to let you know that we are doing further research on this topic to try to provide further insights into this matter. As soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello tzr916, I just received an update on this matter.

For this specific scenario, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the Router, so they can provide further details in regard to your inquiry.

Keep in mind that maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage specifications along with the number of connected devices were defined according to test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate, wireless coverage, and number of connected devices are not guaranteed and will vary as a result of:

• Environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects, and obstacles, 
  • Network conditions, including local interference, volume, and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead 
  • Client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos