Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

AVX 201 Bluetooth issues with multiple devices

hpohl
Beginner

I have trouble connecting multiple Bluetooth devices. Whenever I connect a second device, it instantly disconnects or in rare cases it works for some time and then a random device disconnects some time after. This is happening on both Windows and Linux on the latest firmware.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

hpohl, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
hpohl
Beginner

What is the model of the Router?

Is this even relevant? MikroTik hAP ac²

Is this a new computer?

Yes, 2 months old or so.

Was it working fine before?

No.

When did the issue start?

Ever since I connected any second device.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

No, I update drivers from time to time.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Came with laptop.

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Windows 10 Pro.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Only tried at home.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

hpohl, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the information showing in the SSU report, we can confirm that the Bluetooth driver currently installed is version 22.40.0.7.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the wireless/bluetooth driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Lenovo's website and the Bluetooth driver they have available is version 21.110.0.3, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e14-gen-2-type-20ta-20tb/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Bluetooth%20and%20Modem

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-gigabit-products.html

If the problem persists after that, then we can try a clean installation this time of the Intel® Generic Bluetooth driver version 22.50.0.4:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30515/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10

Additionally, we recommend to get in contact directly Lenovo to verify that the latest BIOS version is installed or to gather the instructions on how to do that and make sure the BIOS is up to date, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
hpohl
Beginner

Hi Albert,

thanks for your help.

Unfortunately the issue persists. I've tried everything you said and updated the BIOS to 1.36, which released on the 2nd of June 2021. 1.36 is the version I have gotten from the Lenovo website by entering my serial number so it must be correct version. Downgrading to 21.110.0.3/Upgrading to 22.50.0.4 also did not fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi hpohl, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
hpohl
Beginner

Thanks!

Just for reference, I have no issues connecting multiple devices to the same computer using a USB Bluetooth stick.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

hpohl, Thank you very much for sharing those details, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case we just want to confirm, which type of devices are you trying to connect?

Could you please provide the Windows Event Viewer logs? Please follow the instructions on the file attached to this post.

You mentioned, "Whenever I connect a second device, it instantly disconnects or in rare cases, it works for some time and then a random device disconnects some time after." Is the first device getting disconnected too or just the second one that you connected?

Are there any errors when the device gets disconnected?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
hpohl
Beginner

I have 2 PS5 DualSense controllers and one Amiron Wireless Headset.

Is the first device getting disconnected too or just the second one that you connected?

It is random, really. Sometimes it's the new device I am connecting, sometimes it's another one that is disconnected. When I manage to connect 3, sometimes I kick the other 2. If my Headset disconnects, it tries to reconnect repeatedly and fails.

Are there any errors when the device gets disconnected?

No visible errors from Windows.

The event log .evtx is not allowed to be uploaded here, so I zipped it. What I did is I repeatedly tried to connect a second DualSense controller and the other one just gets kicked. Sometimes my Headset too. I have all devices within 2 meters of the Laptop, so they cannot be out of range really.

0 Kudos
hpohl
Beginner

Also, on Linux things seem to work slightly better now than on Windows.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

hpohl, Thank you very much for letting us know those results and providing the Zip file.

We will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get more details I will post all of them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello hpohl, I just received an update on this matter.

Just to confirm, do you have the option to do tests on a different network? Please let us know.

Meanwhile, please try the following:

-Press Win + X and select Device Manager

+Look for Bluetooth Adapter

-Right-click and select Properties

-Unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
hpohl
Beginner

Hi Albert,

I could not find "Bluetooth Adapter" in the Device Manager, but just "Bluetoot". The Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) device did not have that checkbox in properties. However, the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz device under "Network Adapters" did and I unchecked that option. It did not help though.

What I just tried is connecting both DualSense controllers. It worked fine initially, tested them on https://gamepad-tester.com/. Then I connected the Amiron Wireless headset and the inputs of one controller became stuttery and eventuallly it disconnected. Now I have one controller and the wireless headset connected relatively stable.

Regards,

Henning

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello hpohl, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi hpohl, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

We will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get additional details I will post them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi hpohl, I just received an update on this matter.

After verifying the case again, we determined that the best course of action will be to get in contact with the manufacturer of your laptop as this seems to be more related to the Operating System, and also we would say that can be related to the device capabilities, the best thing to do is to check the Bluetooth support the manufacturer of the computer established:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Itris
Beginner

Hi, I have exactly the same problem on a new laptop (legion 5 pro gen 7) running windows 11
Have you found a solution ?

0 Kudos