Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

AX 200 driver update 22.20.00

Gert57
Beginner

can't update AX 200 driver (22.10.07) to new version (22.20.00) - won't install - Windows 10 (20H2). Displays a text - i have translated if from Danish:

"This software package can not install on your computer"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Gert57,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following report to continue with your support request.

*Please run the following tool and attach the report generated.  

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Gert57
Beginner

Attached the requested report!

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Gert57,

We appreciate the report provided and we would like you to try a clean installation of the latest driver we have available for your current adapter; however, please bear in mind that our drivers are generic which means that they don’t come with any customizations for your system and, since your computer is considered an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) system, the recommended drivers you can get for it are the ones from HP’s website since they come with customizations that might be needed so the computer can function as it’s supposed to.

Important note: Based on the report you provided it seems that the adapter that you currently have installed is not the original one that the computer came with, we understand that upgrades are sometimes something needed; however, since this is considered an integration you need to bear in mind that we can’t guaranteed functionality and performance, HP must validate the full compatibility of this adapter before you can fully integrate it because without any customized drivers from their end this integration might not be successful.

Latest generic driver

. Exe

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30112/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

. Zip

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30113/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins

Instructions

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

Note: If the installation is unsuccessful with the .exe file, an installation with the .zip file can be done with the steps below:

1-Save the .zip file from the driver download link on the computer.

2-Go to Device Manager.

3-Expand the Network Adapters category.

4-Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

5-Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.

6-Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

7- Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter

8-Select Update driver.

9-Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10-Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

11-Click Have Disk.

12-Click Browse. Select the location where the driver files are located.

13-Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

14-Reboot the computer when prompted

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Gert57
Beginner

Hi Victor_G.

Thanks for your kind assistance. Just for your information I got a new Gigabit Network connection, so I closed down the old OEM Intel AC7260 and replaced this with the brand new AX200 wifi6 card in a free PCIe slot. I installed the driver from the CD that was supplied with the card. Work perfectly. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant software continued to tell that there was an update (22.20). But as I mentioned earlier it wouldn't install it!

I tried your suggestion with a clean installation - this did not work either, so I had to install the old one from the CD. I have googled and found a recommend driver update software called Driver Booster from IOBit and - surprise, surprise - after 4-5 times trying to update the card it finally updated to the new 22.20.0.6 version. And everything works;-)

Thank for helping out

BR/Gert57

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Gert57,

We are glad to hear that you were able to solve your issue, we will proceed to close this thread, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos