Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

AX1650w in Alienware M17 R4 won't stay enabled

Aelantha
Beginner

I had the driver dated 10/18/2021 installed, and the card worked perfectly until this morning (2/12/2022) when Windows updated my driver.  My wireless card won't stay enabled.  I tried uninstalling the card and driver, then installing the Killer Performance Suite, but I get an error that says It can't install with Killer Wireless Drivers.  I'll reboot, and then my wireless card starts working.  Then it stops again if I shut down the system.   I am running Windows 11, so we're in a brave, new world.  Any help is appreciated.

Donna Kruse

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Aelantha

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following details?

1- What was the driver version that you had installed (dated 10/18/2021) and what was the driver version installed by Windows* Update that triggered this issue?

2- Please elaborate more regarding the behavior and issue when you say "the wireless card won't stay enabled". Is it just disconnecting? Is it turning off or enabling "Airplane mode"? Is it disappearing from Windows* Notification Area, Network Devices, or Device Manager?

3- Is the Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (x/w) the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed on the system? Or did you integrate/replace it on the computer?

4- Please share some screenshots showing the main issue (wireless card won't stay enabled) and the problem when trying to install/update the driver:

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Aelantha

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Aelantha

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos