Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

AX200 - 5Ghz not connecting to internet

MattSmith
Novice

Hi,

I have found similar posts and while I have found a solution it is not as a solution but rather reducing the supposed functionality of the product purchased.

Specs

MOBO: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
CPU - AMD RYZEN 5 3600
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER
NETWORKING: INTEL WI-FI 6 ax200 160MHz
MEMORY: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200MHz

The computer is 5m from the router with nothing but a thin partition wall in the way and through which every other device has no problems.

I have tried manually reinstalling the adapter and drivers several times over the last 17 months but the same issue arises. I have tried this with two routers (ISP provided but they are completely different manufacturers - one was SAGEM and one is Honor) with every other device capable of using 5GHz having no issue. I can connect to the router with this computer but as soon as it connects it says there is no internet connection. The way I have got it to work is to select the 2.4GHz band through device manager properties and prevent it from "Auto" selecting 5GHz but I don't see this as an actual fix, but a workaround designed to enable a connection but at the expense of faster transfer speeds and the full functionality of what I paid for.

Any advice on how I can solve this would be appreciated as I have spent the last 17 months using and any all driver updates that came along but none have fixed this issue.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

P.S. Please don't make any comments about getting a new router, that ISP routers are rubbish etc as they have worked fine with other devices, from the cheapest wifi enabled device to my TV and laptop. I also don't want to run an ethernet cable as that is why I bought this adapter in the first place.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MattSmith, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new board?

When did you purchase it?

Did you build the computer?

You mentioned " SAGEM and one is Honor", could you please provide the complete model of the Routers?

Was the 5GHz connection working fine before on this same machine?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MattSmith
Novice

Hi Albert,

1. Are you referring to the MOBO or the wifi card? both were new. The WiFi card is this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YZ7J8QD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1.

2. Purchased it in June 2020.

3. I built the computer.

4. I do not know the exact model I just know they were made by these companies on behalf of the ISP.

Plusnet = https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/guides/hardware/plusnet-hub-one

Vodafone = THG3000

5. No, this computer has only ever had this wifi card but every other 5GHz WiFi device connects to it no problem.

6. The issue has always been there. It has never connected to a 5GHz connection and worked. I have had to set Windows not to connect to 5GHz as it keeps trying to but while it connects to the router it can't connect to the internet. I have a VPN but it doesn't matter if I turn it off or uninstall - it doesn't work.

6. Windows 10 - Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MattSmith, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MattSmith, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MattSmith
Novice

Hi Albert,

Sorry about not getting back to you. I have had COVID and so this completely passed me by. I am looking to deal with the points in your previous posts.

0 Kudos