Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 5Ghz still not working

MattSmith
Novice

Hi,

I have found similar posts and while I have found a solution it is not as a solution but rather reducing the supposed functionality of the product purchased.

Specs

MOBO: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
CPU - AMD RYZEN 5 3600
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER
NETWORKING: INTEL WI-FI 6 ax200 160MHz
MEMORY: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200MHz

The computer is 5m from the router with nothing but a thin partition wall in the way and through which every other device has no problems.

I have tried manually reinstalling the adapter and drivers several times over the last 17 months but the same issue arises. I have tried this with two routers (ISP provided but they are completely different manufacturers - one was SAGEM and one is Honor) with every other device capable of using 5GHz having no issue. I can connect to the router with this computer but as soon as it connects it says there is no internet connection. The way I have got it to work is to select the 2.4GHz band through device manager properties and prevent it from "Auto" selecting 5GHz but I don't see this as an actual fix, but a workaround designed to enable a connection but at the expense of faster transfer speeds and the full functionality of what I paid for.

I attach the SSU report.

1 Solution
JDKAP
Novice

Hello MattSmith,

Same issue for me, this work around has solved it : 

Change the advanced properties or adapter options

Change Bandwith from Auto to 20 Mhz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello MattSmith,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

Was it working before? If so, when did the issue start happening?

Is this the original wireless adapter of the system?

Have you tested a different network? 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MattSmith
Novice

Hi Josue,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. It has never worked since i bought the adapter - https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YZ7J8QD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

2. I built the system and this was the first card I used. I have updated the drivers as recommended by the intel driver assistant.

3. I have had two different ISPs each with their own routers provided and no difference - 5Ghz does not work on this card. Every other dual band device I have has no issues connecting, including a really cheap phone, so the only conclusion is that it is this device.

I have tried splitting my wi-fi signal for each band but it makes no difference.

Thanks again and I hope you can help.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MattSmith,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, please check the recommended settings for your wireless card in the following link, try setting everything up, and test if it works fine:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574.html

Also, please perform a clean installation of both the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth driver using the latest version available in our download center. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 

• Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.

• Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Wireless Driver:

1- Download the latest driver from our download center and save the installer on the computer.

1. Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Wireless and Bluetooth driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth® Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

7- Install the latest wireless and Bluetooth driver.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

You can download the driver from the following link:

Wi-FI: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Bluetooth: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html?

It is important for you to know that Intel® does not support wireless integrations, since this can cause issues in the functioning of the wireless cards. In these cases, it is always important to speak to the manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and compatibility between the adapter and the system. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
MattSmith
Novice

Hi Josue,

I have tried this before and it did not work. I will try it again and if it does not work I will see what the manufacturer will say.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MattSmith,

Thank you for the information provided, we will wait for you to perform the steps. Please let us know the results. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MattSmith,

Hope you are doing great and staying safe, I was following up and wanted to ask if you were able to perform the steps. Please feel free to share with us the results. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
MattSmith
Novice

Hi Josue,

I am afraid it did not work and contacted the manufacturer. Basically it works for a short period of time and then suddenly stops working  so I have to go to device manager and under properties specify it NOT to be dual band and only use the 2.4GHz band.

Very disappointed and will be looking to stay clear of intel and/or ziyituod in the future as both just blame the other while I am left with a product that can only use out of date functionality.

Thanks for your help anyway, even though it didn't work. If you think of anything else that works let me know.

Kind regards

Mark

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MattSmith,

In this case, the adapter that you purchased is only using the Intel® Chipset, in this case, the OEM should provide the drivers for the adapter. This driver will be customized and optimized to work specifically with their product, we were unable to find the product's website so we recommend you contact them directly to get the latest driver available. 

It is important for you to know that the issue can be caused by several reasons which can include compatibility with your system, antennas, or any hardware failure. Since we have tried all the options for software troubleshooting, our recommendation is to speak with the manufacturer for hardware troubleshooting. 

Also, remember that you need to check with ASUS for the compatibility between the adapter and your motherboard since a compatibility issue could cause the card to not work as expected. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
MattSmith
Novice

Hi Josue,

Thanks for the suggestion the company website is here.

http://www.ziyituod.net/ProDetail.aspx?ProId=80

The drivers provided are intel drivers. I get what you are saying about compatability but I don't get what is so difficult here. It can work but then it stops, it takes me only changing a software setting to get it to work with at least one band.

I will contact ASUS but I doubt they will be able to help either.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MattSmith,

Thank you for the information provided, in case the issue persists even after contacting ASUS, our recommendation is to check with the adapter manufacturer for hardware troubleshooting since this can also be causing the issues. 

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JDKAP
Novice

Hello MattSmith,

Same issue for me, this work around has solved it : 

Change the advanced properties or adapter options

Change Bandwith from Auto to 20 Mhz

0 Kudos
MattSmith
Novice

Hi JDKAP,

Thanks for this suggestion - it appears to be working for now (I am a pessimist) but so far I have been able to spend a few hours online, reboot the machine and the 5Ghz is still working so I think I can safely say it is the best solution so far (keeping my fingers crossed).

I really do appreciate you taking the time to post the solution, it is much appreciated.

Merry Christmas and I hope you have a relaxing New Year.

Thanks

MattSmith

0 Kudos
iHero96
Beginner

Hi i'm still having issues with this card with a Lenovo Legion AMD.

I've around 30 mbps on 5Ghz and 100 Mbps on 2.4 Ghz.

Driver version is 22.220.0.4 but i've tried also 22.160.x 22.90.x and 22.70.x.

On other devices i've 300+ mbps on 5Ghz so it's definitely a Intel problem.

I've also tried to force bandwith 20 mhz on 5Ghz settings inside device manager but the result is that the PC was connecting with 802.11n instead of 802.11ac standard.

Any clues?

0 Kudos
doud
Beginner

Same issue 5g but wifi 4 no issue

WireShark is not able to capture anything

AX200 card PCIe

router ASUS RT-AC51U

but no issue connecting to the internet box wifi 5 (freebox revolution in France)

it seems like a negociation issue with some routers

0 Kudos
Jugglebruns
Beginner

This AX200 adapter works magical with wireless AC. However, when using AX for 2.4/5Ghz I can rarely get it to connect if at all. I've tried the latest drivers to really old drivers. 0 results and really unstable. 

1. I've tried setting different versions and modes for both radios.

2. I've tried setting modes to 20mhz from Auto.

3. I've changed power controls.

4. Looked at AP logs and netsh logs and profiles.

5. When doing a ping, I can show I am connected to the AP, the adapter shows it's receiving data but not transmitting data. 

6. When issuing a ping, while connected to the AP. I see "General Transmit Failures" 

7. I have tried netsh winsock reset. 

8. sfc /scannow

9. Swapped out the adapter with a mediatek adapter, qualcomm adapter, etc and nothing but Magic. This AX200 has issues, I can see it in vendor forums, intel forums, reddit etc. It's an AX adapter that doesn't work with AX AP's. 

My AP that I am working with is an Extreme/Aerohive AP650 that has a broadcom chipset. 

Now if only intel could fix this old adapter. 

0 Kudos
doud
Beginner

Hi all

i ve fixed the issue with specific parameters

seems restricting the connection type to help the driver to use the good 5G

0 Kudos