Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

AX200 LAN file trasfer performance in windsows 11 is half comare to windows 10.

colin_wang
Beginner

- Intel AX200 kit (released by intel), Asrock Z390 mobo.

- latest drive (22.150.0.3) installed on the same desktop, using Windows 10 and windows 11 

- connecting to the same RT-AC86U router from same loaction

- transfer the file from anther PC in LAN, witch connected to router using intel 1gig NIC wired. 

windows 10 performance is good. 79MB/s

win10.gif

windows 11 perrormance is less than half of windows 10 - 36MB/s

win11.gif

in windows 11, force in driver advanced setting to use 802.11/AC mode, can tempararaly increase the performance to 63~66MB/s. but after a while or restart. the performance reduce to 36MB/s

tested multiple times in different days, the result is consistant.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
colin_wang
Beginner

forgot to memtion, the signal health in both windows 10 and 11 are good. 

1.png

and the adapter connection speed status in both windows 10 and 11 are both 866.7Mbps

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

colin_wang, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you build/purchase it?

Was this issue happening before in this specific machine?

If not, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the driver and testing Windows* 10/11, that might cause this issue??

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
colin_wang
Beginner

Hi Albert, 

thanks alot for the reply,

Is this a new computer? - No, it's a 2 and half year old PC, works perfectly.

When did you build/purchase it? - about 2 years ago.

Was this issue happening before in this specific machine? - only in this specific machine. I haven't tested on other PC yet.

If not, when did the issue start? - the first day I upgraded from intel wifi 9265  to ax200

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the driver and testing Windows* 10/11, that might cause this issue?? - I have 2 systems, windows 10 and 11. both daily use, also tried fresh install then updated to the latest windows 11. also tried the first release of windows 11 without any update. same issue in windows 11 only. no issue in windows 10. BTW, I have a notebook windows 10 running ax201. full speed as 79MB/s (to download the same file from the same PC in LAN) 

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer? - purchased new separately.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? - at home

SSU report attached.

Thank you again and regards,

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi colin_wang, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the information shown in the SSU report, we can confirm that the wireless driver version currently installed in your system is 22.150.0.3, which is provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ax200

It is important to mention that we always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the board's manufacturer since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked at AsRock's website and the latest wireless driver they have available is version 22.70.2.1G. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z390%20Pro4/index.asp#Download

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

We also suggest updating the BIOS to the latest version. If necessary, you can always get in contact directly with AsRock support to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.asrock.com/support/

If the issue persists after that, in the following link you will find the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings for you to test different configurations, like for example both bands s 2.4GHz y 5GHz and different "Wireless Modes":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/wireless/legacy-intel-wireless-products.html

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
colin_wang
Beginner

Hi Albert,

Thanks alot. 

Before upgrade the MotherBoard BIOS, the BT (bluetooth) device even doesnt exists.

after upgrade the MB BIOS, there is a new option in the bios to enable/disable onboard BT. I have enabled it. now I can see bluetooth working.

using either old (from Asrock) or new driver (from Intel) the LAN transfer speed issue is still the same. 

but the good thing about now is, I can toggle BT on/off (no matter from on to off or from off to on), that will increase the LAN trnasfer speed from 35MB to 69MB/s. 

as the screenshot shows, that 'speed climb' is the result of the toggling of BT. (toggle back wont decrease the speed)

colin_wang_0-1658562354765.png

althoug it's still slower than the speed in windows 10 (79MB/s). and need to manually toggle a swtich everytime... I can take that.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi colin_wang, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those updates and the picture.

Excellent, we are glad to know that you were able to update the BIOS and that after that the option to enable/disable BT became available. It is also great to hear that by toggling with the BT feature, the LAN transfer speed increased from 35MB to 69MB/s., even though, as you mention, the issue is not completely fixed, it is a big increment in speed.

We are happy to know that we were of help in this scenario. Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.