Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

AX200 Wi-Fi 6 160 MHz disconnects randomly

GarrettD
Beginner

Hello.

I've had my computer for just under a year. The motherboard has been working fine up until recently. My internet had gone out due to powerlines touching and it shut off my PC. This has happened before and was never an issue. Only up until this recent time, I turned my PC back on and everything works fine. Except my wifi will randomly disconnect. It's just the computer, not my phone, not my router, no one else has an issue. 

To fix it while it disconnects, all I have to do is go to my internet access tab in the bottom right, disconnect from my wifi, and then reconnect. It's a very brief blip and the interval between the disconnect is random. Maybe it'll do it twice in an hour, or it'll go a day without fail. it's very minor but it can be a huge inconvenience when I'm playing an online game or talking to a friend.

My drivers are up to date, so are my windows. I don't use Bluetooth. Wondering if there are any remedies?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello GarrettD,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Are you using a desktop or a laptop?
  2. Do you get any error codes in the device manager?
  3. Is this the original adapter that came with the system?
  4. Does it happen when using both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands or just one?
  5. Even if you don’t use Bluetooth, have you checked if the issue also occurs when using Bluetooth or just with Wi-Fi? 

Also please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello GarrettD,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello GarrettD,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Josue O. 

0 Kudos