Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

AX200 disconnecting from network.

AChea2
Novice

I currently have Xfinity gigabit, a Netgear Cm1200 modem and the netgear RAX120 wifi 6 router. It's been fantastic. I purchased a new Ax200 wifi 6 card for my desktop (Dell xps 8910) and for the most part it has been great however it seems to drop the connection at least once per day. Sometimes it totally disconnects, other times it says its still connected but I have no internet connectivity. I know it's the adapter because all my other devices (Dell xps 15 9560, ipad pro 2017, iphone 7, Lenovo Thinkpad 490) stay connected without issue. I also have a galaxy s10 thats had connection issues on the 5ghz band. I have the latest drivers 21.90.3.2 and see in the release notes that there is/was that when the AX200 is connected to a wifi 6 network that a mobile device may get disconnected (and perhaps the reverse is true) so I'm assuming that may be my issue and that contrary to the release notes the issue is not fixed.

other network details, I have it in AX mode and have set the 5ghz band to 160mhz. I also have wpa2/3 personal enabled. If any other information is needed do let me know.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
M3Rocket
Beginner

You should be able to update the Windows 10 AX200 driver to 21.110.2.1 from the properties in Devices for the AX200. Just right-click on the AX200 and select "Update Driver." Then select "Search Automatically."

0 Kudos
AChea2
Novice

tried that, shows 21.110.1.1 as the latest. However I think my issue has been resolved. I went to the advance tab and under MIMO power I set it to "no smps" . Did that a couple days ago and have not had any disconnect or speed issues since. Will update this thread if any issues pop back up. 

0 Kudos
AChea2
Novice

Seems I spoke too soon this is so frustrating. 
Tried to upload a wireshark capture but it seems the file format is not accepted. 

0 Kudos
leglerreddin
Beginner

I have almost the exact same setup. A cm1200 with cox gigabit speed, a Rax 120 and a TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 adapter. All are new and I have tried every setting on the router and adapter to make a difference, but I still experience disconnects frequently only when connected to 5 ghz if I try to connect using my pc it kicks all users off of the 5.0 network. But also for me 2.4 is stable hopefully this gets corrected as it is a great adapter theoretically if it were to work.

0 Kudos