Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

AX200 on ARM Linux - Massive TX drops

Sebastian_Muesch
Beginner

Hi everybody,

I have a problem that bothers me since one month now. I want to replace my old atheros based AC Wave 1 wifi cards and switch to wifi 6 for the station case. So I tried AX200 based AX200U from Alfa Wireless. They are working well on amd64 based linux (OpenWRT 21.02). But on my targeted iMX6 based embedded boards, I have massive lost of frames while sending. These frames are in fact not sent to air by the WiFi adapter (checked it by captures on the AP). I already tested all driver and firmware levels from 46 to 71 (with a backported driver from iwlwifi-next). All results are nearly the same (apart from all VHT data rates not working on early driver levels).

I already enabled debugging in the kernel modules and did a trace, but did not find anything. So I want to do some debugging on the firmware. But for now I have no clue how to do it. For now it looks like the debug-infos from the firmware side are not available yet.

Does anybody can give me hint, where to go on.

Find attached all needed infos regarding the steps I already made

Kind regards

Sebastian 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Sebastian_Muesch,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are currently reviewing the information you have provided. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Muesch
Beginner

Hi Steven,

Thanks for taking care. Do not hesitate to ask if needed information is missing.

Just a short addition, If I enable (power on) the bt-adapter on  via hcitool. The drop-rate is cut by half. But only for a couple of minutes and then it raises to the level before again.

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Sebastian_Muesch,

Please be aware that the ARM-based platform is not in Intel wireless support platform scope. If you need assistance with your ARM platform with Intel® Wireless AX200, we recommend you to work with your Intel sales representative or Field Application Engineer.

Please refer to the following link for that (https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor?language=en_US)

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos