Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX201 switches from AX to AC mode

Olexander
Novice

Hi,

With the default settings of the WiFI adapter, on the latest version of the driver (see log) - the adapter works in AC mode instead of AX mode. And only if you change "Wireless Mode" in the adapter settings to anything other than "4. 802.11ax" and connect to the access point and then back to "4. 802.11ax" - the adapter starts working in AX mode.

Why is this happening is it a bug?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Olexander,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could confirm the following information:

• For how long you’ve been experiencing this behavior? Was it work fine at a certain point?
  • What is your router model?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Olexander
Novice

Hi @Esteban_D_Intel 

1. I don't know, I accidentally noticed that the network adapter is operating in AC mode. I can't determine when the problems began. The only thing is that once I bought and configured the new router (august this year), the network adapter worked in AX mode.
2. Asus RT-AX58U (Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_9505)
3. Unfortunately, I do not know. The only thing I did yesterday when I rolled back the old driver version (uninstalled a device with drivers) was that the old driver was also working incorrectly.
4. Pre-installed adapter in ROG Strix G512LI 
5. This is a home laptop, one router, сan't check on another Wifi router.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Olexander,

Thank you so much for the information provided.

When talking about laptops, it’s worth mentioning that Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers. 

Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes. 

I would recommend the installation of the drivers provided by the manufacturer to ensure top performance and then check results.

You can find the latest driver for your laptop in the following link.

As you can see, the validated driver version for your laptop is V21.90.3.2

Please try a clean installation of that driver and check the outcome with me. 

Esteban D.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Olexander
Novice

Hi,

I installed the driver from the manufacturer's website. I did a clean installation with "old" driver uninstallation. This did not solve the problem. At first, the network adapter worked in AX mode, but after rebooting the laptop (updated the video driver), again started working in AC mode  

Olexander_0-1603195296195.png

0 Kudos
Olexander
Novice

Update:
Looks like it was fixed in the latest driver version. It will take a few days to check if all works fine because yesterday the router firmware was updated as well.

Olexander_0-1603273959629.png

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Olexander,

Thank you so much for the update.

I understand, please keep testing the device with the current driver and let us know if the behavior improved.

We will be waiting for your response.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Olexander,

Thank you so much for the update.

I understand, please keep testing the device with the current driver and let us know if the behavior improved.

We will be waiting for your response.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Olexander
Novice

Hi @Esteban_D_Intel 

Everything works perfectly. The problem was resolved. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Olexander,

I’m glad to know that the issue was resolved.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos