Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

AX210 WiFi speed test only 500Mbps

Spen
Beginner
I installed AX210 (driver version is 22.30.0.11) to my PC last week, the result of the speed test (500Mbps) was lower than expected.
The wireless AP is unifi 6 LR. (160MHZ)
Test method: using “iperf3” command with the same PC, cable connected LAN as the server, wireless LAN as the client.
Test distance was under 2 feet. I used iPhone 12 pro max to do the same test, the result was 680Mbps.
Could anyone tell me how to fix it? I expect the result will be more than 800Mbps.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Spen

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide/confirm the following details?

1- When you say "I installed AX210 to my PC" do you mean you integrated the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 on the computer?

2- Is this happening since the very first day that you have the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210?

3- Have you checked/tested if this behavior is the same testing only the laptop and the Access Point? (no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during this test).

4- Have you tested with other online speed testers from the many options available on the web? Is the behavior the same? Please provide details.

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Spen
Beginner

Hello, Andrew G.
Thanks for your reply.
Here’s the answer for more detail you want to know.

1.Yes, to be more precisely, I mean I installed a Intel WiFi 6E AX210 wireless network card to a PCIe X1 slot in my desktop with an adaptor. Also installed an Asus 2T2R antenna. I have no idea if the antenna is related to throughput of the test.

2. I installed the card for about one week and I downloaded the latest driver at that time, it happened since from the first try.

3.No other device connected to the AP or desktop.

4. I only tested for the speed of local network. My WAN speed is only 100/40Mbps, so I didn’t try to connect test host on the web.

5. I’ve done for this. Should I browsed the file to attach here? Or paste picture the information you want to know?

By the way, I also test my another desktop with Intel Wi-Fi AX200 on the motherboard. The test result was same as the desktop with AX210. Besides, I’ve tried to change “802.11ax mode of the AX210” to “802.11ac mode”, the test of the result was the same (about 460-500Mbps). My wifi 6 AP can provide up to 700Mbps download rate for my iPhone 12 pro max. I am not sure if this AP has some compatible problem only with AX200 and AX210.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Spen

Thank you for your response.

Regarding the Intel® SSU, yes, please attach the full file (.txt file) to the thread. To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Also, since you integrated the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 on the computer, did you confirm with the computer manufacturer that the card and the PCIe adapter were compatible with your system? Did they also confirm if the antennas were compatible with this configuration?

Could you please provide the brand and model or a link as a reference for the PCIe 1x adapter?

We understand that this behavior is also happening on another motherboard with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200. Did you also integrate the wireless card in this motherboard? Or did it come from the factory pre-installed?

Could you please provide a second Intel® SSU report from this system too?

Finally, have you checked with the support team of the Access Point AP UniFi 6 LR if there are firmware updates available that they recommend that may help with improvement? Based on this link from UniFi*, the AP seems to support the "802.11ax" standard (Wi-Fi 6). Is this correct? Perhaps they may also recommend specific settings to improve performance with 802.11ax clients.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Spen
Beginner

Hello Andrew G.

Thanks for reply again.

I found that maybe I misunderstood using the "iperf3".

When I typed "iperf3 -c <server IP>", the result of test only about 500Mbps. If I typed "iperf3 -c <server IP> -P 8", the result could reach to 930~940Mbps.

The file transmission rate  was only 75MB/sec at PC with AX210, but 113MB/sec at PC with AX200.

I upgraded win10 version to 20H2, but the rate was still 75MB/sec.

Finally, I reinstalled my OS. The transmission rate became normal.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Spen

Thank you very much for your response.

We understand that after adjusting the parameters used with "iperf3" and reinstalling the operating system, now you are getting the desired transmission rates. Is this correct? In this case, can we consider this thread solved?

For any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Spen

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Spen
Beginner
Hi Andrew G.
The speed problem of AX210 was solved by reinstalling win10 and I have no other problems . Thank you for your concern.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Spen

Thank you very much for your response. We are glad to know that the problem has remained solved and that there are no other problems.

In case the issue comes back, we also suggest checking with your computer manufacturer in order to rule out compatibility issues considering this is a Wireless Integration*.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*When the end-user of a system installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information please review the following links:

0 Kudos