Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX210 doesn't see 6GHZ networks with latest 22.130 driver

YanivF
Beginner

I have 2 machines both running the latest driver 22.130 drivers and the AX210 doesn't see the 6Ghz network.

my machines are:
1) A notebook that I change the network card to AX210.
2) A PC build using ASUS - ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING motherboard

Thanks,

Yaniv

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello YanivF,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Take into consideration that the usage of the 6GHz band relies on the Operating System. It is expected to be supported in the next version of Microsoft Windows* (Windows® 11). Please, contact Microsoft for additional details.

Also note, if you want more information about the 6GHz, refer to the following article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059385/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
YanivF
Beginner

Thank you Jean for your response.

Can you provide more details to why it's an OS version?

As you are aware if I downgrade the driver version 22.45 the 6GHz network shows and I'm able to connect to it. Every version post that does not including the current version 22.130, which I expected to work as it's been 1.5yr post version 45.

Thanks,

Yaniv

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello YanivF,

Thanks for the information provided. I want to confirm some information regarding your issue to have more inside into your problem.

• How do you install the driver version 22.45? Is it a manufacturer driver?
  • When did the issue start?
  • Is the issue present with other 6GHz networks?
  • Have you tried using other Access Points?

You mentioned you have a notebook that you changed the network card to AX210. It is important to understand that it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies. Intel® does not support wireless integrations.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
YanivF
Beginner

* To downgrade from latest version to 22.45 -

1) I downloaded the zip file of the driver and extracted it.

2) Did "clean" by going to device manager, selected the device, and did uninstall (ticking the delete files).

3) Than went to update files and pointed to the folder that had the extracted files

You can't use the installer as. it does version check and doesn't allow to downgrade

* I got a new AP (Netgear Orbi 6E) recently about two weeks ago. So it's started when I wanted to take advantage of the 6GHz. But the issue started post version 22.45 (check when the next driver post 22.45 was released and this is the date it started)

* The issue happens with other networks. Please search this form and you'll see that I'm not the only one with the issue. Example link, which also includes the 22.45 driver - 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/ax210-window-10-21h2-not-showing-6GHz-networks/m-p/1341116#M39195

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello YanivF,

As previously mentioned on the thread you mentioned. The driver 22.45.1.1 is not provided by Intel, and it is not listed on our website or on our previous driver's versions. In this case, we recommend verifying if the OEM may provide the driver to make it work. If you want, you can try the drivers available on the Asus website:

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z690-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_download 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello YanivF,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
YanivF
Beginner

Hi Jean, thank you for the follow up. The vanilla version (direct intel download) started to show the 6ghz on the asus board. However, the integrated card in my notebook does not. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello YanivF,

I am glad to hear that the issue is solved on your Asus board.

My recommendation about the integrated system is to contact your system's Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM); as I mentioned in my previous comment, it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello YanivF,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos