Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX210 takes 3-5 minutes to find 6GHZ network

CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I

@Jean_Intel : This is re-opening issue Here for which the problem has returned.

For a short while, updating the motherboard BIOS and setting the adapter driver to the MSI certified version seemed to help, but the problem has returned...

Whenever I reboot my PC, or it wakens from sleep, it takes the wi-fi adapter 3-5 minutes of sitting idle to see and connect to the 6Ghz band. 

It can see and connect to the 2ghz and 5ghz network names fine, and when I do eventually connect to the 6Ghz band performance & signal strength is excellent, so the only issue is that initial discovery & connection taking an annoying 3-5 minutes (sometimes 10).

Latest SSU diagnostic attached.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that your issue reappeared

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

This time I would like to ask for some information that may help us have a better understanding of your issue.

Could you make sure that everything is up to date (no pending Windows updates)? Based on a Windows article, to stay up to date, you should try the following:

• Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Also, confirm whether or not you have already contacted your motherboard's Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to verify if there are any other reports of this issue.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I

Windows update has been working fine and I have all latest updates.

A search of the MSI forums yielded no info on similar issues.  I have opened a support issue there also but no info yet -- although my issue is with the Intel wi-fi adapter, not the motherboard per se'

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

I appreciate the information provided.

Let us look into this and we will get back to you at our earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I

MSI support recommended I install the latest Intel wi-fi drivers (not the MSI oem ones), so I have done that.

Connecting is a bit hit and miss -- I notice some improvement over original where it always took 3-5 minutes to find the network; to where now at logon it is hit and miss -- two out of three times after a cold boot it finds the network right way, but still sometimes it takes 3-5 minutes to connect to the 6Ghz network.   Nothing I do speeds up the connecting in those cases (stoping/starting wif fi, checking available networks etc) -- I just have to sit patiently and wait until it decides to see and connect to the network.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

After reviewing this matter, we noticed that your motherboard PRO Z690-A DDR4 has no information about a wireless card included on the model, this may indicate that the wireless adapter is a Wireless integration. We recommend you continue speaking to the manufacturer of your equipment (MSI) for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the motherboard manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.

For more information, read the following article under the name "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade."

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos