Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX210 with latest driver not seeing 6GHz networks

Onno
Novice

To connect to my 6GHz network, I purchased an AX210 based card for my laptop to upgrade the AX200 on I had.

Using the latest Intel driver (22.100.1.1) I'm unable to see any 6GHz networks. Rolling the driver back to 22.45.1.1 everything works fine, and my other 6GHz capable devices (S21 Ultra, Pixel 6) have no issue seeing and connecting to 6GHz either.

I using a dated driver really the only way to connect with Intel? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Onno
Novice

I gave up and figured out a way to upgrade may laptop to W11. That solved the issue for me; regardless of drover version i can now see and connect to a 6GHz network.

Not sure if that's an acceptable answer to all other Intel users dealing with this issue though, but perhaps upgrading to W10 21H1 or 21H2 works as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Onno

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please confirm the following details?

1- Is this behavior happening since the first day that you integrated the new card Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 into the system?

2- Did you review directly with the laptop manufacturer to confirm the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) is 100% validated and approved its compatibility for your system? Or did you review with them if any driver, BIOS update/setting, firmware update, or any other step(s) would be required to allow a good-working and correct wireless integration¹?

3- Did you check if the laptop manufacturer has a customized driver validated for the operating system version and the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210? If yes, does the behavior also occur with that driver?

4- Router or Access Point maker and model:

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Note:

1- Please be aware that the installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. When an end-user installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information please review the following links:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Onno
Novice

Hi Andrew,

1. Yes, this has been happening since I first installed the AX210 card. It works fine with the 22.45 driver, but it cannot see any 6GHz network with the 22.100 one. I've been going back & forth between driver versions and it's easily reproducible.

2. No, I did not verify with the laptop vendor (HP). I simply replaced the stock AX200 card with an AX210 one.

3. That would be the Intel 22.80.1.1 Rev. A driver. Same problem: no 6GHz networks visible

4. Aruba AP-635

5. Attached

Thanks,

/Onno

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Onno

Thank you for your response and for the report.

In order to discard issues related to driver installations, we would like to recommend you a clean install of drivers. The wireless and Bluetooth components have a strong relation in functionality, therefore, it is important to install the driver for both components.

Since the computer manufacturer HP* may have customized the drivers and software to enable or alter features specific to this laptop, we recommend first trying these steps using the customized driver from HP.

Please follow the steps in this article: Clean Installation of Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers

Install the drivers from HP* website:

• Intel Bluetooth Driver Version 22.100.0.3 Rev.P
  • Intel WLAN Driver Version 22.80.1.1 Rev.A

If the behavior persists, please repeat the steps but this time using the latest Intel® generic drivers:

You may also check with the AP manufacturer Aruba* if there is any firmware update available for the device in case of any possible compatibility issue. They may also help you to review if some settings require to be adjusted in order to improve functionality/compatibility with the wireless card, driver, and operating system.

Please kindly let us know once the drivers are installed using this method and if the behavior is solved, persists or if there is any other (different) behavior.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Onno
Novice

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the continued support.

I (re-)tried all of that, but without luck. Still the only wat for me to see 6GHz activity with the AX210 card is to revert to your 22.45 version driver.

I actually work at Aruba, where I'm the product manager for our enterprise access points, and I'm quite sure the firmware is up to date.

Let me reach out to our test department to find out if they're able to use your recent drivers; the recommendation to use 22.45 came from our test team. We're an Intel partner for "all thing WLAN".

Regards,

/Onno

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Onno

You are very welcome and thank you for your response.

Perfect!, we will be waiting for your feedback with the details from the test department. Feel free to share any additional information that may help us to understand better the test environment (e.g.: if they test with the AX210 card, OS version, AP model, laptop/PC maker and model, etc).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Onno
Novice

In our test lab, we use laptops running Windows 11, in combination with either the latest 22.100 driver or a 22.120 debug driver. No problems are encountered there. Is there perhaps a known issue using the AX210 under Windows 10?

There are some online postings that seem to indicate that I'm not the only one with this issue:

-  https://community.frame.work/t/intel-ax210-windows-11-not-seeing-6ghz-band/11818

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/ax210-window-10-21h2-not-showing-6GHz-networks/m-p/1338022

I may just try and use the old 22.45 driver again, but at times that one completely disables my wireless card for no apparent reason.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Onno

Thank you for your response and for the details.

As far as we know and checking the Release Notes, we don't have information to confirm there is a known issue with the latest driver using the AX210 under Windows 10.

However, we will proceed to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available or in case any other information is required.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Onno

We have released a new driver version for Wireless. Could you please try the Clean Installation of Wireless Driver process one more time and test with the new driver?

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters Version 22.110.1

Please let us know if driver 22.110.1 makes the difference?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
ChrisDay
Beginner

Hi Andrew - I'm having the same issue with the 22.110.1 driver on Windows 10. To remediate I rolled back to 22.100.1.1

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ChrisDay

Everyone's situation and environment are unique. If you need further assistance, we kindly recommend creating a new thread to isolate your case and system configuration, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detailed information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more details about the problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Onno
Novice

Thanks but unfortunately this did not make a difference. Could this be related to the fact that I'm on the 20H2 version of Windows 10?

Unfortunately I cannot upgrade to 21H1, 21H2 or W11 (corporate laptop restrictions).

0 Kudos
Onno
Novice

I gave up and figured out a way to upgrade may laptop to W11. That solved the issue for me; regardless of drover version i can now see and connect to a 6GHz network.

Not sure if that's an acceptable answer to all other Intel users dealing with this issue though, but perhaps upgrading to W10 21H1 or 21H2 works as well.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Onno

Thank you for your response and for the feedback. We are glad to know that updating to Windows* 11 helped to solve the issue and you can now see and connect to 6 GHz networks.

We will check internally if there could be any limitation due to the OS version and post here if any information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Amandine
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

We have the same issue here, do you have any news on this topic?

We have a Dell laptop precision 9420 and an Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210.

Windows 11 with the latest updates and drivers (22.160).

We also tried many previous version of this driver (22.30, 22.100, 22.140...) 

The laptop doesn't see the 6Ghz network.

Regards,

Amandine

PS: it is working same laptop with ubuntu.

0 Kudos
YanivF
Beginner

Hi Andrew,
I'm running into the same issue. I have 2 machines both running the latest driver 22.130 drivers and the AX210 doesn't see the 6Ghz network.

my machines are:
1) A notebook that I change the network card to AX210.
2) A PC build using ASUS - ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING motherboard

Thanks,

Yaniv

0 Kudos