Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX211 with bluetooth headset: speaker but no microphone

xfOx
Beginner

Hello

I found the next problem - Gigabyte AORUS 5 SE4 with new Intel AX211 on Windows 11 (home / pro) Bluetooth Headphones with Mic not recognized as headset only as headphones

I tried with Sony WH-1000XM3, Sony MDR-ZX770BN, Sony SBH52, Sony SBH56

I tried different drivers from Intel site (version 22.160.0) and from notebook manufacturer ([22.160.0.3] [22.90.3.2]) but problem weren't fixed.

So on my PC (ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)) with Intel AX200 and the same Windows 11 (pro) no problem with these headphones - they all shown in Input and Output devices (as on screen)

ax200 and wh-1000xm3ax200 and wh-1000xm3

Similar problem was described in this thread (https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX201-with-bluetooth-headset-speaker-but-no-microphone/td-p/1251296) but no solution provided.

Looks like this is the Intel driver problem, why it's not fixed for such long time ?

0 Kudos
43 Replies
xfOx
Beginner

Anyone can fix it ? or maybe somebody has working driver version ?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello xfOx,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

By any chance, was the headphones' microphone working fine before? If so, do you know if there was any change in the system before the issue started?

Please try a clean installation of the latest driver provided by Gigabyte (22.160.0.3). If the issue persists, try a clean installation with the latest generic wireless driver https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

Make sure to follow the steps for a clean installation in this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087250/wireless.html

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
xfOx
Beginner

hello @Steven_Intel 

Sorry for the long answer, I had some trouble with my account

So I tried with all described by your steps and drivers - but no success.

Only one way to have both - headphones and mic from any of my Bluetooth headsets:

- manual install the latest drivers from Intel / Gigabyte

- update driver and manual choose very old driver 20.100.5.1

Open sound settings and voila - you have headphones and mic, but if the device is turned off and on (sleep or reboot notebook) - Bluetooth doesn't work and need to remove the device and repeat manipulation.

So the main question doesn't change - why Bluetooth doesn't work from the box?
On the same Intel Bluetooth driver (22.160.0.0) on my PC with Intel AX200 all headsets working without any issue - looks like Intel made some bug in Bluetooth driver or in hardware - AX211

If needed any additional logs/infos/etc - please ask me

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I would like to work more on this issue. In order to do so, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
xfOx
Beginner

Hello @Steven_Intel 

report attached

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I am going to work on this issue. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello xfOx,

Please try the following steps:

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
xfOx
Beginner

@Steven_Intel wrote:

Hello xfOx,

Please try the following steps:

Best regards,

Steven G.

Hello Steven, sorry for the late reply, I can't use my laptop with the described issue, so now I'm working on my PC, this is the main reason for the delay.

So

1. No first power on - with MS provided(or Gigabyte I don't know) driver any of my headsets (Sony WH-1000XM3, Sony MDR-ZX770BN, Sony SBH52, Sony SBH56) are shown only as headphones

2. I tried a lot of different devices that I have: Sony WH-1000XM3, Sony MDR-ZX770BN, Sony SBH52, Sony SBH56

3. I removed all Bluetooth devices paired with the notebook, deleted the driver with DriverStoreExplorer, rebooted the laptop and  install the latest driver from your link, then pair MDR-ZX770BN.

The result on the screen is no mic

Why is Intel doing this? on my PC with Intel AX200 all devices working fine, and the mic showed for all Bluetooth headsets

2022-09-30 11_16_38.png

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
xfOx
Beginner

@Steven_Intel wrote:

Best regards,

Steven G.

Hello Steven

Yes, I replied to the previous post, - nothing changed, looks like this is something related to all Intel  AX2x1 cards, as AX2x0 working without any issue, and looks like it's something related to drivers.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for all the information.

I am going to keep working on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello xfOx,

Please perform the following steps and let me know of the outcome:

• Are you able to try any other Bluetooth non-Sony device paired and check if the issue persists?
  • Try typing Services in the Windows search box, and then search for Bluetooth Support and restart the service.
  • Make sure the headphone's firmware is updated (if any).

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
xfOx
Beginner

@Steven_Intel wrote:

Hello xfOx,

Please perform the following steps and let me know of the outcome:

• Are you able to try any other Bluetooth non-Sony device paired and check if the issue persists?
  • Try typing Services in the Windows search box, and then search for Bluetooth Support and restart the service.
  • Make sure the headphone's firmware is updated (if any).

Best regards,

Steven G.

Hello Steven

I have only JBL tws120, but no changes - 

Intel AX200 - all works fine, mic present

Intel AX211 - works only headphones,

Bluetooth driver version is the same - 22.160.0.4 (from Intel site)

Problem not related to Bluetooth headset, only related to HW/driver version

ax211.pngax200.png

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information provided.

Could you please confirm if you tried restarting the Bluetooth services as well?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
xfOx
Beginner

@Steven_Intel wrote:

Thank you for the information provided.

Could you please confirm if you tried restarting the Bluetooth services as well?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Hello @Steven_Intel 

Yes, Install the driver, restart Bluetooth services, pair devices, turn off and turn on Bluetooth via windows menu - nothing changed

So in windows control panel I see "Connected music" while on AX200 I see "Connected music, VOICE"

Settings_bluetooth.png

I don't believe that Intel made a mistake in hardware, it is probably some bugs in the software (driver) but who knows?

0 Kudos
StevenG
Novice

Well miracles do happen Steven_I lol...I've just rolled back to the version 22.170.0.2 in DV and after the install of the 22.170.0.2 driver pressed F3 which unpaired the JBL LIVE 650BTNC then I paired the BT headphones back again in Win-11 > Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Devices and MAGIC it worked??? It's got me puzzled why it didn't happen before, as I've tried everything, thanks for that as it works 100% and with this new driver its got perfect sound (btw, just listening to some great rock jazz of Fourplay Elixir) and it sounds just perfect, but I don't know if and when I reboot the laptop the BT will still be working, I will let the community know. Thanks Steven good work. 

0 Kudos
StevenG
Novice

Steven_I, unfortunately the newest Intel version 22.170.0.2 driver (as described above) that worked perfectly and even enabled my JBL headphone volume controls switch (which I didn't have with the old 22.40.0.2 BT driver) worked until I rebooted the laptop (see caption below) then the Bluetooth version driver 22.170.0.2 did NOT work and its the same as all the other new Intel updated drivers that I used before for my Wi-Fi/BT card the Killer AX1650i from its oem Acer BT driver version 22.40.0.2 dated 16/02/2021, unfortunately I had to revert to the old Intel Bgt driver. Any solutions would be appreciated as I've tried everything. 

Screenshot 2022-10-20 211913.jpg

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @StevenG 

Everyone's situation and environment are unique so we kindly recommend creating a new thread to isolate your case and system configuration, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detailed information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.

Thank you for your understanding; hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for all the information.

I am going to keep working on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos