Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

After win 10 upgrade, Bluetooth device delays significantly shutdown

etaus
Novice

I am using Dell XPS 15 9530, i7, 16gb Ram and 512 gb SSD, Intel wireless 7260AC

I ugraded without problems to windows 10 and I have an issue with the shutdown process. It takes about 60 to 90 seconds to complete.

I have updated the Intel drivers but nevertheless, the only clue I have now is that disabling the Bluetooth switch I get reasonable times (8-10 secs).

As my only Bluetooth device was a Microsoft Confort Sculpt mouse, I have exchanged it for a wireless with dongle and everything is fine now, but I still would prefer to use the Bluetooth.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Tauscher,

Windows 10* would update the drivers during its installation. Our first recommendation is to try the updates available from your computer manufacturer.

0 Kudos
etaus
Novice

Aleki,

I have tried with the latest Intel drivers and with the Dell drivers as well. The result is the same.

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

elias tauscher,

Did you try this version?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25135/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-10-64-bit-WP- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 10* 64-bit (WP)

0 Kudos
etaus
Novice

Hi,

I have solved the issue. It was related to the bluetooth mouse driver and not to the Bluetooth driver. I tried other bluetooth mice and they worked fine, so I uninstalled the bluetooth mouse driver, reinstalled and everything is working fine now. Thx everybody.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

elias tauscher,

We are glad to know the issue has been resolved. Thanks for reporting here.

0 Kudos