Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

All audio muted when mute button pressed on bluetooth headset

jceleste
Beginner

When on a voice call (Teams or Zoom), pressing the mute button on my Jabra Elite 75t earbud mutes microfophone AND ALL speaker audio, not just the microphone audio. In addition, Microsoft Teams no longer shows the call as muted (instead it seems all volume is reduced to 0).

* Windows 11 version 21H2

* Intel Smart Sound for Bluetooth Audio driver 10.29.0.7919

* Jabra Elite 75t connected via Bluetooth

All drivers and firmware are up to date.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @jceleste

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I will gladly assist you here. Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue and try the following steps: 

1. Was it working before? 
  2. Is Bluetooth an integration? 
  3. Does this issue happen using other headphones? 

I recommend performing a clean installation of your Bluetooth drivers, and then, install the latest Bluetooth driver. Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the clean installation. 

If the previous step didn't work, try the clean installation of Bluetooth drivers using the latest Bluetooth driver from your Computer Manufacturer. We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes, however, Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
JonHer
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same issue. I even have the same headset. BUT it also happens to my other headset, the "Microsoft Surface Headphone 2"

I can say for my part

1. It was working fine before

2. Not sure exactly what you mean. Bluetooth is integrated in the laptop it is not an addition with a dongle or such.

3. Yes, it happens at least with two different headphones. 

I tried a clean installation of the drivers. Unfortunately to no effect.

Any other suggestions are highly appreciated

Best regards, 

Jon

0 Kudos
jceleste
Beginner

I also agree - clean installation of drivers does not help.

The issue is specifically with bluetooth - using wired headsets or even a Jabra dongle to bluetooth would solve the issue (per others on the internet).  The headset works fine on all other devices except for Windows 11 on the latest drivers.

There are many instances of this issue with the Smart Sound BT Audio drivers across numerous headsets. This worked fine earlier in the year - it appears the issue started occurring a few version sof Smart Sound earlier. I have been unable to install an earlier version of the driver to test.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jabra/comments/yj9g7o/comment/ivu7un5/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3https://www.reddit.com/r/Jabra/comments/yj9g7o/evolve_2_boom_arm_lowering_mutes_all_audio_not/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Excerpt:

Try looking at the driver version for Intel Smart Sound Technology for Bluetooth Audio. If you are on version 10.29.0.7767, try rolling it back to the previous version. This resolved the issue for me. The driver version that is working for me is 10.29.0.6367.

gnfalmeida
Beginner

I had the same problem with two headsets, Elite 75t and Evolve2 65. I solved the problem of the second one, by rolling back to a previous version, but the problem changed with Elite 75t. When muting with the headset mute button, it muted and then unmuted immediately. I can't rollback anymore the driver version and could not find a way to download an older version. The current driver version is 10.29.0.6815.

Any recommendation?

Thanks, 

Gonçalo

0 Kudos
JonHer
Beginner
Hi Gonçalo,

I have no advice for you. But wanted to let you know, that I have the same issue now with immediately unmuting when using the 75t. Also, it used to be the case, that muting my using the button on the 75t was also recognized by Ms Teams (MSTeams showed the juted mic). Now it mutes but MSTeams doesn't show it. Then it randomly unmute again.

So it is not only you. It's definitely something about the 75t and this driver.

Maybe someone finds a fix.

JanHe
0 Kudos
PaoloM
Beginner

Hi, I downloaded the driver version that is working (10.29.0.6367) but I can't downgrade the current (10.29.0.8276) driver version.

The installer advice that I have already the best driver release and the button "Roll back driver"  is not available.

Could you help me ?

That is the correct procedure to downgrade the driver ?

Thank you

PaoloM

0 Kudos
JonHer
Beginner

Thanks a lot for the help.

That tip on Reddit reg. the driver version actually did the trick. Downgrading to 10.29.0.6367 fixed the issue. 

It was a bit tricky to get rid of the newer driver, but it worked after some tinkering. 

Really appreciate  your help!

0 Kudos
PaoloM
Beginner

Hi JonHer,

I have the same problem. 

Could you help me to downgrade to the old driver ?

I traid to install the old but without success

Thank you

Paolo

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @jceleste and @JonHer

Thank you for all the information provided. 

For drivers and support for Intel® Smart Sound Technology on laptops and more, you need to contact your Computer manufacturer as they can provide you with the required support. You can see an article related to Intel® Smart Sound Technology regarding its support. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos