Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Automatic upgrade to Intel Bluetooth 22.170.0.2 breaks bluetooth mouse

JohnCr
Beginner

Yesterday, I received an automatic upgrade of my Intel Bluetooth driver to 22.170.0.2, which stopped my Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse from working. Batteries were charged, and I have 2 (of the same model) of the Microsoft Precision mouse, both stopped working.

Rolling back to the previous version of the driver fixed my problem - I was able to get both working again. I'm reporting this just to let Intel know, so it can be fixed - let me know if there's a better place to post this.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JohnCr
Beginner

Here's the details of the driver that stopped my mouse working (note I didn't notice problems with other Bluetooth devices). From Driver events:

Device USB\VID_8087&PID_0033\5&1823e8e&0&10 was configured.

Driver Name: oem42.inf
Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}
Driver Date: 08/17/2022
Driver Version: 22.170.0.2
Driver Provider: Intel Corporation
Driver Section: ibtusb
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: USB\VID_8087&PID_0033&REV_0000
Outranked Drivers: oem56.inf:USB\VID_8087&PID_0033&REV_0000:00FF0000 bth.inf:USB\Class_E0&SubClass_01&Prot_01:00FFFFFF:USB\VID_8087&PID_0033
Device Updated: true
Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&a4b7353&0&0

then I have this:

Device USB\VID_8087&PID_0033\5&1823e8e&0&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem42.inf
Service: BTHUSB
Lower Filters: ibtusb
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

This morning I restored my driver, which fixed my problem and logged this event:

Device USB\VID_8087&PID_0033\5&1823e8e&0&10 was configured.

Driver Name: oem56.inf
Driver Date: 02/24/2022
Driver Version: 22.130.0.2
Driver Provider: Intel Corporation
Driver Section: ibtusb
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: USB\VID_8087&PID_0033&REV_0000
Outranked Drivers: oem42.inf:USB\VID_8087&PID_0033&REV_0000:00FF0000 bth.inf:USB\Class_E0&SubClass_01&Prot_01:00FFFFFF:USB\VID_8087&PID_0033
Device Updated: true
Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&a4b7353&0&0

and I see this after it:

Device USB\VID_8087&PID_0033\5&1823e8e&0&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem56.inf
Service: BTHUSB
Lower Filters: ibtusb
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JohnCr, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Thank you very much for your feedback. For Intel® it is important all the comments and suggestions provided by all of our clients. For that reason, I will send your recommendations and remarks to the proper department for them to be aware of your observations in order to keep improving the customer's experience when using Intel® products.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® wireless card?

You mentioned the driver was installed based on an automatic update, are you using Intel® software to update drivers or was it a Windows* update?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides updating the driver, that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JohnCr
Beginner

Hi Albert:

Thank you for the reply. Info on my system:

It's a new (~1 month old) Dell Precision 5570 laptop, with Intel AX211 WLAN Driver w/Blue tooth

76VY8 SRV,DRVR,INTEL,AX211,WIFI,5570 1
TXPX3 SRV,DRVR,INTEL,AX211,BT,5570 1

The bluetooth and wifi came as part of the laptop, no OS changes or after market changes were made besides running updates. 

Running Windows 11 pro and this is a work laptop.

Key update on this issue: I have received other automatic updates from Dell since this issue first occurred (and was fixed by reverting this driver and making no other changes); those updates updated my Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver to Driver Version: 22.170.0.2 again; and this time the mice are working. So it appears this issue has been fixed on this specific laptop, likely related to other updates on the Dell system (there was a BIOS update, so that could have helped).

Consider this issue fixed, but I'm happy to send the info along in case it helps with analysis of the issue. Is there a link for private upload of the ssu output? There's some info in it that I would prefer to keep private (IP addresses, computer names, MAC addresses).

0 Kudos
DrewPrice
Beginner

Having the same exact issues. 

Dell Command Update updated to 22.170.2.1

After reboot the bluetooth keyboard continued to work, but neither of the two mice that I have bluetooth'd to the computer work (Logitech MX Anywhere 2, Logitech MX Master 2S). I disconnected one and re-paired it. It was in the "Connected" devices, but not in the Mouse / Keyboard area of the bluetooth connections. 

Dell Precision 5570 - Windows 10

I have an Intel (R) Wi-Fi AX211 chipset for wireless / bluetooth. 

Haven't uninstalled it yet, still working through the issue. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi JohnCr, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Perfect, it is great to know that the issue with the Bluetooth mouse got fixed after installing the driver updates and updating the BIOS as well, which is something, as you mentioned, that helps a lot in fixing this kind of problem.

I will send you an email for you to reply to it with the SSU report. Please verify your inbox.

DrewPrice, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please try to install the driver and BIOs updates as recommended by JohnCr. If the problem remains after that, then please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the issue, submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jb123
Beginner

i have a similar problem with 22.170.0.2  

i think CC cleaner updated my computer to this version and ever since then i am having bluetooth connection issues.  All of my wireless headsets only connect with "voice" but not audio.   only one headset will connect with both.   on another computer and on my phone, these headsets will connect with both, so it's definitely something to do with this driver.   I have gone into device manager and deleted this driver, and when i restart the computer it reinstalls this driver.   There is no option to roll it back.  how can i install an older driver?

0 Kudos
jb123
Beginner

sorry let me be more clear. i have 22.160.0 and 22.150.0  downloaded previously. i tried to install 22.180.0 to see if that would fix the problem. it did not.  so when i try to install 22.150.0 it says a newer version is installed and it won't let me install the older version. if i uninstall 22.180.0 it says i need to restart computer.  when i restart the comptuer 22.180.0 is reinstalled automatically.  so i'm never able to downgrade to the older version, and there is no way to revert in the device manager. how do i uninstall 22.180.0 without it reinstalling

0 Kudos
JohnCr
Beginner

Hi @jb123  - 

I just used the "roll back driver" button on the driver tab for "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" in the device manager. I'm curious if that helps with your bluetooth headsets.

--John

0 Kudos
DrewPrice
Beginner

I did what JohnCR suggested and uninstalled the driver (via the device manager) and then installed it through the Intel Website (Intel Driver Support Assistant) and it began working again.

Just updated today to 22.180.0.2 and once again the mouse stopped working, but after a restart it began working again (which I typically do after any driver installation anyways). Glad to see the issue was resolved. 

0 Kudos
JohnCr
Beginner

While my Bluetooth mouse is still working fine, since my last update I have experienced some problems with my Bluetooth Headset (a Sony WH-1000XM4). The sound has been cutting out and popping/crackling. The audio issues were not app specific, I observed it using Spotify and view YouTube in a browser.

The first fix that worked was connecting via headphone jack (no longer using Bluetooth). All the issues went away.

Since I determined it was likely a bluetooth issue, I decided to try the same fix I had used to fix my failing Bluetooth mouse - rolling back the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver from 22.170.0.2 to 22.130.0.2. Doing so noticeably fixed the Bluetooth audio problems I was experiencing.

So, definitely some problems with this driver, at least on my system.

0 Kudos
tgssbop
Beginner

Intel Driver and Support Assistant keeps advising me to update Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver from 22.170.0.2 to 22.230.0.2 but keeps failing to install update. Rather, the install asks whether to repair, remove etc. 

I have tried uninstalling the Wireless Bluetooth Drivers from Device Manager, Reboot etc yet it still keeps advising to reinstall 22.170.0.2. There is a fault with the 22.230.0.2 MSI or somesuch

0 Kudos