Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Blue Screen after disabling Centrino Wireless 2230

idata
Employee

I recently moved into a new apartment, and took my Dell Inspiron 15R (Windows 7, 64 Bit) with me. After a while of normally using the laptop and the internet, I noticed that my network status had changed to limited internet connectivity. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the network, but soon realized that my Wireless Network Connection was disabled. When I tried reactivating my Centrino Wireless 2230 Adapter (it got deactivated somehow) I got a Blue Screen and my laptop rebooted. After logging in, I noticed that my Network Adapter was still deactivated, however, activating it was not an issue, and everything worked fine for a few hours.

Then, the same problem: limited internet connectivity. I tried manually deactivating the Network Adapter (in the Device Manager), but I again got a blue screen/crash/reboot. The same thing (blue screen, etc.) also happens when I want to put my laptop in stand-by mode (I assume this disables the Network Adapter as well).

Since the only thing I changed was the phsyical location of my laptop (I moved) and the network I connect to, I assume that the problem has something to do with the Network Adapter, but I have no idea what it is. Help will be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Peter,

Try to uninstall the driver (right clicking on it) from device manager and also from programs and features (control panel). Then, restart the computer and reinstall the driver again. You may want to download it first since you will lose connection during the process. Please download the driver from DELL's website as they provide the customized driver for your system. You may also try our generic Intel® driver from here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22547&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Software%20Applications http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22547&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=Software%20Applications

I would say the cause its related to a driver corruption but just to be on the safe side you may verify your router has the latest firmware installed.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos