Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Low Energy/Smart) Drivers for intel centrino advanced-n 6235 for windows 8.1

WWils3
Beginner

Hello all I have the Intel Centrino advanced-n 6235 wireless card in my Toshiba satellite P75-A7200 and from everything I have seen it is supposed to be upgradeable to Bluetooth 4.0 LE but I can not figure out how to do it. At the moment it is just Bluetooth 4.0. I want to use the mouse I was given as a gift but I cant it is the Logitech MX Master mouse and I love the thing but cant get it to be seen by my laptop. Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ZIM25,

Before we any further, it is important to contact TOSHIBA* in order to obtain the lastest drivers from them if this wireless adapter is the one installed by factory. However, if you notice that the issue still persists after you use the OEM drivers, as a second option you can do the following you can try the generic drivers available in our download center. here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/66890/Intel-Centrino-Advanced-N-6235-Dual-Band Drivers & Software and before downloading it, you will need to make sure you are choosing the one according to your OS version and architecture (32 or 64 Bit).

0 Kudos
WWils3
Beginner

I don't think the OEM will help since the wifi/Bluetooth card in my laptop is an upgraded card I bought it from ebay it is the next step up from the one that came installed it uses the same socket and the same updates but idk if that will affect anything.

0 Kudos
WWils3
Beginner

ok I looked at the link you sent me and I already downloaded that one it didn't help my Bluetooth but it did help the connective of my Wi-Fi that was an issue I was having but the update solved it but still having issues with the Bluetooth 4.0 LE.

0 Kudos
WWils3
Beginner

This is the post I found that made me ask my question

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ZIM25,

As much as we would like to help resolve this issue with the Bluetooth we would like to inform you that integration, which is when original wireless adapter is replaced, is not supported by Intel. Please check this link for further information on this matter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

However, on our best effort to assist you, we recommend that you take a look at the solutions provided below and see if any of them can help you improve your experience:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005821.html?wapkw=linux+drivers+support+for+wireless Bluetooth® FAQ

In similar situation, some customer have found a workaround in this thread: post # 20, 50 and 51.

*However, such workaround is NOT official from in Intel and we DO NOT guarantee it will work for you. Also there are risks that this workaround can pemanently damage the adapter so if you decide to try it, this will be at your own account.

0 Kudos