Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Bluetooth 4.0 LE

CChri14
Novice

I recently bought the new Intel NUC (Skull Canyon). I set everything up, but I had trouble getting my Logitech MX Master wireless mouse to work with the dongle. I had not been able to get it to work with Bluetooth on my old PC (I believe it did not support LE), but I had the thought to try that on the NUC, and I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find out that it worked! And so I had been using it without any trouble for the past two weeks. However, today I had a hard lock up. No idea what happened there yet, but it was not an application lockup...the entire system was haulted (no blue screen, though). Anyway, since that time, I have no longer been able to get the mouse to work. I am using Windows 7, and I know it does not have internal Bluetooth LE support (comes from the driver), but it was working just earlier today. I have tried many things to get it back working, including poking around in the BIOS, reinstalling drivers, etc. Anyone know what I need to do? Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Mystik,

We understand the bluetooth on your Intel® NUC system is no longer working as it was, we would like to assist you with this but we will need to know, what is the Wireless/Bluetooth card you have in this system?

Please let us know so we can address the situation correctly.

NC
0 Kudos
CChri14
Novice

Thank you for the reply. This model of the NUC has a l219 -LM 10/100/1000 according to here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-nuc6i7kyk-features-configurations.html Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK Features and Configurations

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mystik,

Before we go any further, could you please be so kind and check with the mouse manufacturer about the Bluetooth* profile supported. While you do this, we are going to check additional resources in order to provide you all the support you need. Please let us know as soon as you can.
0 Kudos
CChri14
Novice

Thanks for the reply. It uses what they call "Bluetooth Smart". I think that's the same as Bluetooth LE.

0 Kudos
CChri14
Novice

I was able to get it working finally! I uninstalled the Bluetooth driver and patch, and then used the Driver Update Utility that I saw mentioned in another topic here. The driver it downloaded seems to do the trick. After installing from it, it worked!

0 Kudos