Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Bluetooth 6235 problem while connecting Windows Phone

MKrze1
Beginner

Hi,

I wanted to use my PC as headset (built-in mic and speakers) with my Lumia 620 Windows Phone.

While connecting two "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" are not recognized (can't find drivers).

I can only Send Files, Play Music and Synchronize PIM Data...

There is no possibility to use PC like headset/speakerphone as it is shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_Q_m7hGxs Use Windows 7 as Cell Phone Bluetooth Handsfree Device - YouTube

Is it any way to use my Dell E6440 as headset?

Spec:

Latest driver from Intel

Windows 7

Thanks for all your answers!

Mike

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Kail7,

The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology does not include the Bluetooth profile required to use the PC as Headset or speakerphone for your cell phone. The options available for a connected device will depend on the capabilities of the PC, the wireless adapter and the Bluetooth device, in your configuration, you will be able to Send Files, Play Music and Synchronize Data as you mentioned before.

Please review the "http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034935.htm Supported Features of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology" for more information about what is included in the generic driver available from Intel® Download Center.

You might want to check with your PC manufacturer (Dell) or Microsoft if they have a solution or additional software to achieve this.

0 Kudos
MKrze1
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Can you tell me which BT Profile do I need to use PC as headset?

I through that it is Hands-Free Profile (HFP) which is included in supported profiles for my dev.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology, for Windows 7*, is able to make use of Headsets and Hands-free devices, and integrate them to Voice over IP software, allowing the computer to work as Audio Gateway (HFP/HSP Server), however, it does not include the option to behave as the headset itself (HFP/HSP Client). This is the reason why the option seen in the video is not show in your computer when the phone is connected.

This is noted in the Supported Bluetooth profiles listed in the previous link:

/ - Hands-Free Profile (HFP) (Audio Gateway)

- Headset Profile (HSP) (Audio Gateway)

Please let us know if you have further inquiries about this topic.

0 Kudos