Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Bluetooth Dissappear

Beginner
I have an asus ZenBook ux31a laptop for a back up computer, and I had Bluetooth capabilities at one time. My issue is it's totally gone, Bluetooth troubleshooting says no capability and after installing the latest Intel driver and prodding in thd device manager and under hidden devices is the installed Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) driver only to click in properties with a message saying "currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (code 45)
" to fix the problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer" I'm definitely not very computer literate and have tried things in the cmdmsc, but to no avail, any help would be much appreciated.. And any future questions will be responded immediately.. Thanks
0 Kudos
15 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @038

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Is Wi-Fi working fine and the issue is only with Bluetooth?

2- Is the Wireless/Bluetooth module the original one that came pre-installed into your computer from the factory or did you integrate/replace it?

3- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update? Or after a hardware upgrade/change?

4- Please provide a screenshot showing the error code 45 on Device Manager Bluetooth device entry.

If you see any other error code when enabling Hidden Devices in Device Manager (e.g. Unknown device, or USB unknown device, etc), please also provide screenshots from that.

5- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Beginner

Hi and thanks for the response. The wifi works fine only Bluetooth. As far as when this happened, this is a backup computer, and haven't used it for over a year, but I believe when I first upgraded to windows 10 the Bluetooth still worked. I recently had Microsoft scan and troubleshoot this computer and assessed that the problem doesn't stem from windows. This computer came with Bluetooth pre-installed from the factory. Uploaded these two requests hopefully they can be opened, thank you.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Have you looked in the laptop BIOS to be sure the BIOS doesn't have the device disabled? It is possible the laptop's manufacturer did a BIOS update or installed something outside of Windows Update, and the device is disabled in BIOS.

0 Kudos
Beginner

HI, the last updates from Asus are from years ago and I tried to do a download of an update from Asus but it was downloaded as a zip file and I'm not sure how to proceed from there..It's peculiar that when the computer turns on from a clod start the Bluetooth icon will actually briefly appear on the bottom right of the banner of the computer nest to the rest of the icons but in a matter of seconds disappears.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This means that the BIOS is able to initialize the Bluetooth capability but, once Windows has taken over, it is losing this capability.

...S

0 Kudos
Beginner
OK, that sounds like a problem, is there a fix for it?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It's simple, get Windows drivers that load and actually work. For Intel wireless cards, it is important to be using the Bluetooth drivers provided by Intel. You cannot rely on the Windows default drivers to do things right.

The download for this driver package is not available in the Intel Download Center any longer. Luckily, I had a backup in my archive and have attached it. Extract this executable from the ZIP file and run it. Let's see what it says...

...S

0 Kudos
Beginner

ok, i downloaded extracted and ran the file. Once ran it gave me the three options of Change Repair or Replace, i chose repair in which that wasnt the fix, was i supposed to click replace?

0 Kudos
Beginner

sorry for the replace, it was actually remove, regardless yes i downloaded the file and hit replace but still not repaired.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

After you start Windows and all the startup stuff is completed, click the Start on the bottom left, then click Settings (it looks like a gear). From there click on Devices. On the Devices window there should be a switch for Bluetooth. That switch can me turned on or off. I just verified that if I turn it Off the Bluetooth indicator disappears. Once I turn it back On, the Bluetooth indicator come back.

Would you verify the Bluetooth is switched on inside this window?

0 Kudos
Beginner

yeah, still no switch to turn on and off under Bluetooth and devices, that's another one of those that disappears along with the icon after a few seconds..any other thoughts? and thanks so far

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

What version of Windows are you using? From System, go to the About link. That will show the version and patch level of the OS.

From the search bar (Type here to search), enter Control Panel to open the Control Panel app. From there you will find a search (search control panel). Enter "blue tooth" in the search area. You should get a list showing Devices and Printers, and under that an option for "Change Bluetooth settings". Open that and tell us what you see.

0 Kudos
Beginner

What i see with regards to "You should get a list showing Devices and Printers, and under that an option for "Change Bluetooth settings". Open that and tell us what you see." is in the screenshot attached, that there is no option for "Change Bluetooth settings". This is perplexing to no end..

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @038

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

After checking the Intel® SSU report, we noticed that this is regarding an Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and provide additional help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

You can verify this product's discontinuance status using the following links:

Also, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Given that the device is no longer supported, and the steps everyone has suggested are not resolving the issue, I would try resetting the device. Backup your volatile data so you don't lose anything. Then allow Windows to reset the device and put everything back to the state it was in at install.

0 Kudos