Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Bluetooth Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

VGarc24
Beginner

My post is similar to a post from a month or two ago in the NUC wireless and bluetooth section and likewise I have tried all the usual fixes (drivers, windows updates, restarts, restores) with no remedy. I did the scan thing for ya if that is any help. Please let me know if you need any more assistance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and save the report to a file. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach this file to a response post.

...S

0 Kudos
VGarc24
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Was it there the whole time? The mind is going.Time to stop looking at issues for the day...😵

0 Kudos
VGarc24
Beginner

It's no problem love. Take your time if you need it. Health is more important and all that

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello VGarc24,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Can you please confirm the following:

• Is this your motherboard model?https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370%20Pro4/index.asp#Download
  • Is this the original wireless card that came installed on the system? Was it change?
  • When does the issue appear when transferring files or headphones connected?
  • Was working properly before?
  • Are the antennas properly connected?

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VGarc24
Beginner

Yup, that's my motherboard.

I did get a usb wifi adapter early on thinking something was wrong with the wifi till I realized the antennas weren't even on it correctly. However soon after I just went wired with an ethernet cable.

The issue is actually a constant thing right from boot up. I didn't notice the issue till the day before my post when my PS4 controller wasn't connecting wirelessly as it usually would. From then on I can tell the issue is still ongoing by just going to devices in windows settings and seeing it says bluetooth is turned off, no option to turn it on, and when I scroll down I can see "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)" constantly blinking in and out of the list.

Yup yup, I've had no issue with bluetooth before this.

I would have been so mad if I checked the antennas and that was the issue. I checked after reading what you asked and they seen fine as ever, nice and snug in the back there.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello VGarc24,

Thank you for your response.

I can see that you already tried the usual fixes like Drivers, Windows updates, Restarts, Restore points.

I was checking the report and I can see that your computer does not have the latest BIOS version, the current BIOS version is P1.50 and the latest BIOS version is P4.30, this might help you since it's important to have the system up to date. (Recommended to contact the system manufacturer to get the appropriate steps to update it).

Please let me know if you see any error code in device manager.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
VGarc24
Beginner

Hey Adrian,

From the moment you sent your last reply I've been trying to update the bios with no success till finally I decided to check some reviews from where I got it and someone did say this is a custom motherboard for the desktop that can't be updated. So that sucks and I wasted about 2 hours trying to get that going. I've learned a good amount of lessons today. But yea, that was a bust and I've still got my bluetooth issue

From there I did as ya asked and checked device manager again. It was hell to navigate as it constantly refreshes (I figured out that disabling Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) stops the refreshing) but after showing hidden devices and going under Network adapters, the grayed out Bluetooth Device does show this error in its properties

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

Hope this is any help for ya. Please let me know if there's any other info you might need. I'd understand if you can't figure out any solution or want to give up cause I'm gettin real close to that point.

Best regards,

Vincent G.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello VGarc24,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate the details regarding the error 45 on device manager which seems to indicate that the device is not connected as you mentioned.

My recommendation will be to disconnect the wireless card at all then clean the surface reconnect it and then reinstall the Bluetooth drivers.

If possible test a different Wireless card on your motherboard or test this one on a different motherboard.

This behavior might be related to hardware failure since it appears and disappears constantly. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you tried something like this? If not, try it.

1. Download both the Wireless and Bluetooth installation packages to the unit.
  2. Disconnect from Internet or completely disable Windows Update.
  3. Uninstall the existing Wireless and Bluetooth packages.
  4. Reboot (keeping Internet disconnected or Windows Update disabled).
  5. Install Bluetooth package (before Wireless).
  6. Install Wireless package (after Bluetooth).
  7. Reconnect Internet or enable Windows Update.
  8. Reboot.
  9. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
VGarc24
Beginner

Alrighty, so I started with the physically easier of the two and uninstalled the doodads, disconnected the internet, restarted, installed, and reconnected. I was kinda hopeful because after the restart and before reconnecting to the internet the Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) was replaced by something called the generic bluetooth device and it wasn't bouncing in and out but it didn't actually work and just said awaiting update. After updating the issue continued as usual. I did this last night.

Now about an hour or two ago I unplugged everything, did all the usual stuffs, and opened 'er up. Regretfully I didn't actually remove the wireless card as I couldn't really identify it. I just got around and gave everything a good nudge after using a compressed air can. I'll look into getting another wireless card or external bluetooth device.

UPDATE: I wrote that short paragraph above but then decided not to send it till I got the results of my final solution which was a full reset and reinstall of windows. Thankfully I have the majority of my stuff on chonky external hard drives so while I would have very much preferred not to do the reset I decided to just go with it. And that did fix it!

Thank you both so much for your support. Now I've got a lot of set-up to do but that's much less aggravating than having something permanently not working.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello VGarc24,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad to know you were able to fix it by reinstalling the operating system, hopefully, this will help other peers as well.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos