Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Bluetooth-Lags Intel Tiger Lake with Wireless WiFi 6 AX201

chris_swiss
Novice

Hi

Me and many other Users with similar specs still have this Bluetooth Laging-Problems

My System:

SCHENKER VISION 15 (SVS15E21)
BIOS-Version/-Datum:
Intel Corp. BCTGL357.0064.2021.0518.1820, 18.05.2021
SMBIOS-Version: 3.3
Version des eingebetteten Controllers: 0.32
BaseBoard-Produkt: LAPBC710
BaseBoard-Version: M13919-503
Prozessor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7
Wireless: WiFi 6 AX201 (newest driver version 22.50.1.1)
Bluetooth newest driver (22.50.0.4)

Still have this annoying problems with bluetooth-Lags (BT-Mouse and BT-Keyboard).

There is a registry-hack to avoid this problems, but that cannot be a solution: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-i7-Gen-11-Bluetooth-issues/m-p/1261568#M34484

When playing music to my bluetooth-Speaker the problems are almost gone.

Why is Intel not solving this problem? Or at least give some information what's going on.

Working with Intel's latest technology feels like working in the Stone Age.

42 Replies
JeffBeff
Novice

Hi @Ronny_G_Intel ,

I´ve installed all latest updates for Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (Build Version 19043.1202) but the bluetooth mouse and keyboard still are laggy sometimes.

The release date for the fix should have been September 1st 2021? Is there a problem with the fix or is it still not released?

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

Hi @Ronny_G_Intel

Do you know something about the current status?

So far no update that has solved the problem.

Regards
Chris

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

Hi @Ronny_G_Intel 

With the Windows update KB5005611 the problem is not gone, but much better than before.

Do you know what the next steps will be and what exactly the problem is?

I installed all updates and the Intel Driver Tool shows that the BIOS and all drivers are up to date.

My report you can see here.

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
JeffBeff
Novice

I´ve installed all latest updates for Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (Build Version 19043.1202) but the bluetooth mouse and keyboard still are laggy sometimes.

The release date for the fix should have been September 1st 2021? Is there a problem with the fix or is it still not released?

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

I also updated to this Version, done with the optional KB5005101.

But the list of fixes in this update did not point to our problem.

Hope it will be done with a next update

0 Kudos
AndreiM
Novice

Looking forward to a solution too.

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi everyone,

After a lot of emails back-and-forth, I was told that Microsoft* confirmed that the fix was not included on 8C release.

It will come in 9C release which is supposed to be released sometime during mid-October.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

A small interim report on the Bluetooth problem that, as Intel confirmed here in the forum, has to do with USB?

The Windows update KB5005611 was able to significantly reduce the lagging problem, but no hint in the list of bug fixes. However, there are still small delays in mouse movement, when clicking or when scrolling. When writing there are no longer endless repetitions of characters, but from time to time there are double letters instead of one. When I play music on the bluetooth speaker, not the slightest problem. When I use BT mouse and keyboard on other notebooks, an absolutely flawless and fluid work experience.

I also noticed that the Thunderbolt 4 / USB 4 specifications are not really met. In speed tests with an external SSD, which allows a usable speed of 1 GB / s, I get values down to 250 Mb / s! Maybe these problems have a common cause?

0 Kudos
AndreiM
Novice

Hey! Testing it. And seems that with this update it works better than it was.

A little lag is still persisting though. 

0 Kudos
janpiranha
Beginner

I was having all the same issues. None of the workarounds did the trick for me. The registry hack actually disconnected my BT mouse completely.

My personal workaround was to use the Logitech (non BT) Unifying dongle.

As of today, I upgraded to Win11. Since that, my BT connection is rock solid and no more stuttering of the mouse. It seems MS and/or Intel focused on fixing the issue in the new release first. Hope this information helps!

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

Hi @janpiranha 

Did you try the Update KB5005611 when you still used Windows 10?

0 Kudos
janpiranha
Beginner

Hi @chris_swiss 

no, I was not able to, as this is a company laptop with a domain controlled update channel.

I did test the latest Intel Bluetooth driver on Win 10, though. But it merely shortened the lags a bit.

0 Kudos
AndreiM
Novice

In order to solve the lagging problem I finally decided to update on Windows 11 as I heard that the problem is not reproduced there.

And after upgrading to Windows 11 the problem persists. So I had to use the same Registry fix again as before under Winodws 10. This fix allows me to work but this fix regularly creashes the laptop standby mode.

The problem is unsolved, I think.

0 Kudos
janpiranha
Beginner

Hi mate,

sorry to hear that. So apparently the fix is not Win 11 itself, but on a more detailed level.

I'm on Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver version 22.80.0.4. What about you?

Also, I'm using a Logitech Bluetooth LE mouse. Maybe it makes a difference?

0 Kudos
AndreiM
Novice

Hi! 

I am using the same Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver version (22.80.0.4) and my mouse is Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse.

Given that the same kind of lagging happens to the bluetooth keyboard (Logitech MX Keys), I think that the problem is rather connected to the host system software and / or hardware (Windows or Intel), than to peripherals.

Regards,

Andrey

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

@Ronny_G_Intel 

Hello

Can you please inform what is the status.

I have installed all available updates for my model LAPBC710 and the problem still persists.

It is comparable as if I drive a Tesla equipped with the steering wheel of a VW Beetle Type 1.

Please solve the problem that has been going on for a year now.

Thanks for your effort

Chris

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi everyone,

Microsoft* confirmed that they did not include the fix on the 8C release and that it will come in the 9C release in mid-October.

I checked with the Wireless/Processor team and they haven't received any new issue after the 9C release so I am assuming it was finally included.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to the community and also for creating incorrect expectations of when the fix was going to be available, I was just delivering the information we were able to get from Microsoft*.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

Hello @Ronny_G_Intel 

Still my bluetooth mouse works better with registry customization or playing music on bluetooth speaker.

How can I check if the fix has been installed? I have never installed an update that had the indication of a "Release 9C".

What version of Windows would this correspond to?

Who is the source of this error?

If you can't give accurate information, who can? I checked the Microsoft-Forums. Nothing to find there. Only here or in Forums of other manufacturers using Intels 11th Gen Tiger Lake UP3-Series.

Please do not fool your customers. They spend money on your products so that you get your pay.

0 Kudos
AndreiM
Novice

Feeling the same thing.

And I confirm that w/o registry fix my bluetooth devices are still lagging and demonstrate slow reaction very frequently.

I am surprised how other people are quiet about that.

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi @chris_swiss @AndreiM 

My understanding is that Release 9C is equal to OS build 19042.1348.

You may go to Windows Settings > About and check OS build version, you may also refer to November 9, 2021—KB5007186 (OS Builds 19041.1348, 19042.1348, and 19043.1348) (microsoft.com)

Our intention is not to fool customers, I am genuinely trying to help customers that have purchased our products. 

Please let me know what OS build you have and if you have the exact same lagging issues if not using the registry modification.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi @chris_swiss @AndreiM 

A little correction to my previous post, OS build 19042.1348 includes the fix but it is a more recent release.

The fix was included in an earlier OS build version: September 30, 2021—KB5005611 (OS Builds 19041.1266, 19042.1266, and 19043.1266) Preview (microsoft.com) 

I am checking with the Intel Wireless/Bluetooth Team to see if there is any additional recommendation that we need to be aware of, will get back to you if any.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos