Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Bluetooth - Not on my system, or not working?

MBloc1
Beginner

I have a new (used) computer. The device manager shows Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 3.0 + High Speed Adapter, but no bluetooth devices are recognized. Intel's scan tool shows Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN 14.1.1.3, plus Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter 6.1.7600.16385 and Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter # 2 6.1.7600.16385. I have used the device successfully on another computer with a dongle.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

From Programs and Features (or Apps and Features), uninstall the (Intel) Bluetooth and WiFi driver packages. Reboot. Download and install the latest Bluetooth and (then) WiFi drivers for your particular Centrino solution.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

maxblockm: The case was transfer to the proper department, an agent will further assist you in there.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello maxblockm,

As N. Scott Pearson mentioned, a Bluetooth* driver clean installation might solve the problem.

However, you mentioned an Intel scan tool shows the adapter's name is Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN. This is a legacy adapter and doesn't have integrated Bluetooth*. Is this tool Intel® System Support Utility?

If the issue persists, please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Intel® System Support Utility and share the resulting report with us. This will provide us with your system information.

To enable file attachments, you will need to switch to the advanced editor mode while replying.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello maxblockm,

We're just checking this post and notice we haven't heard from you so far.

Let us know if you're still experiencing the Bluetooth detection issue.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos