Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Bluetooth: Paired device has to be unpaired to be able to read data

PJ1
Beginner

We're developing an application (C#) for use with medical devices (Pulse Ox, Temperature Thermometer,  ECG, an so on)

Currently, there are two devices(TAIDOC TD-1261 and TD-1242) that when paired on computers with Intel radios (WiFi 6x201, WifI 6x200, and AC 8265) on hardware from various vendors (Intel NUC11 -Windows 10, Wamee - Windows 10, ONYX - Windows 10 and HP - Windows 11), refuse access to their data, however, as soon as the devices are unpaired from Windows via Windows Settings data can be read from them.

When using hardware running RealTek radios the devices operate as expected, that is, whilst paired, data can be accessed (by an indicate in the case of the two devices mentioned.

We've tried to obvious things like updating to the latest drivers namely 22.130.0.2, the Vendor of the devices, and some less obvious things like downgrading the drivers.

Any advice or insight would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

PJ1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the specific model of the computers where the Intel® Wireless cards are installed?

Are those new computers?

When did you purchase them? (For Warranty Purposes)

Were you able to read the data from those devices while paired before?

If so, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes on those machines that might cause this issue?

The wireless cards, did you purchase them separately or did they come installed on all those devices?

You mentioned" We're developing an application (C#) for use with medical devices" just to confirm, does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? (For Troubleshooting Purposes)

Please attach the SSU report from one of the computers affected, so we can verify further details about the components in that platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PJ1
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

I have made some progress with the TD1242, I think the issue for that device lies elsewhere.

With respect to the TD1261, I don't think it has ever sent readings, but I can't confirm that categorically.

The computers are of varying ages (the HP Notebook is the oldest being approximately 4 years old) and sources, I have attached output from the SSU below for each computer, with the wireless cards being supplied by the respective vendors. The NUC 11 is reportedly (by my COO) on loan from Intel.

With the problem occuring in the work context.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

PJ1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU reports.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello PJ1, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still currently working on this case, we just wanted to confirm:

We can see these devices are medical equipment for some measures like temps, to be clear, are you trying to get connected via Bluetooth to the device, so this way you can see the values on the computer? 

Is there any application from the device he uses to make this possible on the computer? 

Or how does it work? 

How does it access the data through the application you are creating?

If you use any other BT device to get connected do you have any issues detecting devices?

When connecting to this medical device, does the customer see any error or issues in the device manager BT device?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Hello PJ1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello PJ1, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

We also advise to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of TAIDOC TD-1261 and TD-1242 for further assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos