Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Bluetooth 'USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B' does not pair with devices.

Mortifero
Beginner

Hello

Some time ago I updated all the drivers. Then I realized that I don't see bluetooth in the device manager. I tried to install other versions of the drivers and also turned on and off the airplane mode. After these treatments, bluetooth appeared.

Unfortunately, the problem still persists: Although I can see the devices, I cannot pair with them (headphones, smartphone)

An interesting fact is that I can send a file from a laptop to a smartphone (not the other way around) - the phone has never been paired with a laptop.

In addition, a mouse that has its bluetooth adapter starts to 'jump' after some time as if it is losing connection

I have Dell E7270, Win 10 pro 64Bit with BT - USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B
The system and drivers are up to date. 4 days ago there was a Bios update but I do not know if it is wise to update it?

I am asking for help

greetings

Robert

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Mortifero,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following report and information.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

1. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or driver update?
  2. Is this a new computer?
  3. Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  4. Have you tested the adapter only with our generic drivers or with the manufacturer (Dell) drivers as well?
  5. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Mortifero
Beginner

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your respond. Please check my answers below marked on red.

1. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or driver update?

No, I don't know because I didn't check it after buying it. First, I realized that the camera and the Windows Store were not working. I downloaded the hardware ID from Dell's website which suggested (if I remember) the 6 drivers I installed (BIOS inclueded). The above applications have started working.

2. Is this a new computer?

No, is a post-leasing computer bought from the company.

3. Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

No, except drivers for camera

4. Have you tested the adapter only with our generic drivers or with the manufacturer (Dell) drivers as well?

I am not an expert in hardware and drivers. I tried to install those that suggested on the Dell website as those dedicated to my computer (after the previous scan)

5. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

I don't know, but I suppose it's the original adapter.

Please check attached scan file

Regards

Mortifero

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Mortifero,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To continue with the support please complete a Clean installation of the latest Bluetooth driver from your Motherboard manufacturer by following the instructions in the links below:

Note: If the customized driver doesn’t fix the issue, please try with our latest generic driver.

Uninstall the driver (Device manager)

Note: If you are not able to see the Bluetooth section here proceed with the next step.

Uninstallation/ installation driver

Note: Please proceed with a removal first to eliminate the driver from the Programs and Features section, and then complete the installation step with any of the two drivers provided if needed.

OEM driver (Dell)

Note: To find the driver follow this path: Drivers and Downloads > Category > Network > Intel 8260/7265/3165 Bluetooth Driver.

Generic driver (Intel)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
Mortifero
Beginner

Hi Victor

I did everything step by step but unfortunately the attempts did not solve the problem. I was removing drivers for Bluetooth only (not for WiFi). Neither Dell nor Intel drivers have restored full Bluetooth functionality. When I click 'receive file', such an annotation pops up (see attachment). I also tried to follow the tips on this page: https://superuser.com/questions/1054391/bluetooth-file-transfer-disabled-by-policy-on-windows-10/1125356#1125356 but also to no avail 

regards

Mortifero

0 Kudos
Mortifero
Beginner

Hello Victor

Today I decided to reinstall the system, which was successful - Bluetooth is working properly 

have a nice weekend

Mortifero

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos