Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Bluetooth compatibility problem with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz module

Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Hi,

This is about bluetooth retrocompatibility problem with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz integrated module.

I own an HP 15-ep0083nf portable computer equiped with a wireless communication Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz chip integrated to the motherboard. I face problems when trying to connect/couple/associate my bluetooth earphone eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2.

Windows 10 or 11 detectes well the eardots as generic Airpods. But the association/coupling process never ends. So that I am unable to use the eardots with my brand new computer.

However, eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 are perfectly detected and associated with by older generation pc such as Samsung Chronos NP700Z7C or Dell Latitude E5570. They are also perfectly detected by the HP Envy 15" pc equiped with an external UBS generic bluetooth dongle.

That's the reason why I think the heart of the story is a retrocompatility culprit of Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz wireless communication chipset.

Do you know this problem ? Have you heard about it previsouly ? Can you, please, try to help to solve ? That would be great. HP 15-ep0083nf is still under warranty for two months but HP Hewlett Packard manufacturer doesn't help much.

Thank you so much for your attention.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
25 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Gabuzomeuh,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Is the Wi-Fi working?  

4. Is this issue recent?

5. Do you have issues connecting to other devices? If so, which devices?

6. Is the issue present with Intel or HP drives?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Dear Deivid A. , Intel Customer Support Technician,

1) Please find attached to this message the Intel® System Support Utility report resulting from computer scanning.

2) Yes this is the original Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 adapter that came pre-installed (integrated) on the motherboard of my HP Envy 15-ep0083nf portable computer. I did you change/install anything. However, please note that deactivating "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" in peripherals management console and installing an external usb generic bluetooth dongle, everything returns to good performing. My eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 earphones are perfectly recognized and coupled/associated with the computer in windows. Therefore, I suspect a compatibility problem with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 chip on the motherboard.

3) Yes, Wifi is working. The problème is with Bluetooth association.

4) The problem is permanent. It is present each time I try to connect (couple) my eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 earphones with the HP 15-ep0083nf portable computer. It has never worked.

5) Generic bluetooth HT1425 headset and Nokia BH-103 connect well and are well associated in windows.

6) Don't understand the question. The problem is present with my HP Envy 15" computer and generic eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 earphones.

Does these informations help ? Can you understand what happens and see what to do to correct the problem ?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You do not have the Intel Bluetooth driver loaded on your system. Since they share hardware, it is important to load the Intel Wireless and Bluetooth drivers as a pair. Please download and install the Intel Bluetooth driver package. Here is a link to the latest: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Hi n_scott_pearson,

Thank you for comment. Howerver, I don't understand why you say that. Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver 22.140.0.4 appears clearly in the bluetooth section of device manager console (as you can see in the joined screenshot).

I'll try to reinstall it, just to be sure.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Hi,
Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver 22.140.0.4 has been reinstalled once more. It does not solve the problem. The coupling-association process of my eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 earphones goes on for an infinite time. It never ends or conclude.

Please find attached to this message the new SSU report.

Thank you for help.

0 Kudos
StefaniaCastelli
Beginner

I don't know if it may be of use.
Today, Microsoft released for Insiders previewers in Dev Channel an update for Intel Bluetooth Driver: 22.150.0.6
I don't know if it may solve your specific problem.
With no solid tech evidence, I suggest opening a CMD window with Admin Privileges and launching "netsh winsock reset".
Then reboot as requested.
We should say that since Wireless and Bluetooth, when integrated in a motherboard, influence themselves (it ever happens in a little or moderate way) cleaning may work.

Pls, let us know

Stefy

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

I am not registered as Insiders previewers in Dev Channel. I am a normal windows 11 user, from general public. So that, I cannot see yet the Intel Bluetooth Driver: 22.150.0.6 update you're talking about. I will wait it is largely released to test it.

I already tried the "netsh winsock reset" command. But I restarted, once more. It doesn't help at all.

The coupling/association process of my eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 earphones never ends.

I must precise here that coupling workd very well on computers of older generation such as Samsung Chronos NP700Z7C or Dell Latitude E5570. The problem seems to be in the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz module, integrated on motherboard.

Please, don't hesitate to comment further if you have ideas about this retrocompability problem.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, that may be, but, for some reason it is not showing up in the report. Perhaps the linkages are screwed up. Going through the full clean reinstall process may sort this out; worth a try anyway. Here's the process:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the desired Bluetooth and WiFi driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Thank you n_scott_pearson,
Sorry, but for some reasons, I haven't seen you comment. I will try your suggestion and reply.
Regards and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Hi n_scott_pearson,
Thank your for your suggestion. I've gone through all the process of clean full reinstall the bluetooth and wifi Intel drivers. I've followed all the instructions, restarted from complete manual stop, reactivated internet. Alas, unfortunately, that doesn't change anything.

My eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 earphones are recognized by the bluetooth module of windows 11. However, the radio connection/coupling/association process never ends. It never concludes and I cannot hear my music or audio conversation in the earphones.

Please, any other suggestion ? I will wait for the diffusion in the general public of the new Intel Bluetooth Driver v22.150.0.6 mentionned above. Unless a generous soul here could send me the driver update package in advance attached (or a link) to a message in this forum discussion ?

Best regards to all of you.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Gabuzomeuh, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to investigate this issue further and to proceed I will need a new report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU).

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Hi Deivid A.,

Please find attached ton this message the new SSU report you asked for.
Hope it will help a little bit.
Best Regards

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Gabuzomeuh, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
TolgaSural
Beginner

Hi Intel Team,

I have the same issue about Bluetooth file transfer.  Previous days before new update. the bluetooth was working properly. After update,  I am unable to transfer folder PC to PC. ( i did one times file trasfer the adapter working fine but software is unable to work)

My older PC Huawei Mate book d14  able to Match device  but  My new Laptop is unable.

Also with new update i can not delete matching device ''delete device unsuccess''  warning appears 

i strongly suggest you, return previous version of bluetooth version. not update new.

if you can give us a link for previous version  it will be a short term solution.

Please find the file attached.

0 Kudos
TolgaSural
Beginner

Hi,

Kindly, check new SS of Bluetooth device of İntel driver & support assistant. İ sent wrong.

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Hi TolgaSural,
This is not the same problem. Please, create a new thread of discussion in the community.

Regards,
Gabumomeuh

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Gabuzomeuh, 

Based on the investigation, since this issue is only present with these headphones my recommendation is to get in contact with HP to confirm if there are any compatibility issues or if there is needed a firmware update for them. 

Thanks for your comprehension.

@TolgaSural , as Gabuzomeuh mentioned, I recommend you open a new post so you can get proper support for your issue with the Bluetooth. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner

Hi Deivid A.,

As mentionned above : I've already tried a complete reinstallation of Wifi v22.140.0.3 and Bluetooth v22.140.0.4 drivers for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz communication chip integrated on the HP 15-ep0083nf portable computer motherboard. That means I totally removed old preceding versions of the drivers and reinstalled the new most recent ones. It does not work. My eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 earphones never complete the coupling/association/connection process to the HP 15-ep0083nf portable computer with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz chip.

Also, I've attempted to contact HP about this problem (because the HP 15-ep0083nf portable computer is still covered by warranty for a few weeks). Alas, it did not help. HP agent just recognized there was retrocompatibility with earphones. But they did not investigate further. I was dissapointed.

Yes, that would be nice if there was a new firmware update for the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz chip. As Intel customer support technician, can you please provide me with such a firmware update ?

Also, I've heard above in this community discussion of a new Intel Bluetooth Driver v22.150.0.6 which is available at the moment only for microsoft developpers insiders. I am not a developper at all. I'm a simple general public user. So I do not have access yet to this new driver. Do you have this priviledged access ? And could you, please, send me a copy of the new Intel Bluetooth Driver ?

Also, let me remind you that this retrocompatibility problem with my eardots I99999 Plus TWS Air2 earphones only appears with the HP 15-ep0083nf computer and Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz chip inside.

For instance, the earphones perfectly connect/couple to ancient generation computers such as :
Dell Latitude E5570 equiped with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 module
or
.Samsung Chronos Nike Pro NP700Z7C equiped with Intel Centrino Wireless Advanced-N6235 module

Also, they perfectly connect to HP 15-ep0083nf computer when pluging a generic USB external bluetooth dongle.

Therefore, I conclude - and really believe - that the probleme is around the new Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz chip integrated on the motherboard.

That would be nice if Intel could provide me, here, with a new driver or firmware update that would potentially solve the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

0 Kudos
TolgaSural
Beginner

Hi Gabuzomeuh,

1) is this product Xiaomi air 2 TWS?

2) is TWS Air 2 producer XIAOMİ?

3) Did you contact Xioami support?

0 Kudos
Gabuzomeuh
Beginner