Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Bluetooth detected as Generic Bluetooth Adapter

MSfag
Novice

Hello,

I have an 6230 Wireless Adapter. My WIFI works fine with the intel drivers. The problem is that even though I have installed the latest bluetooth drivers from intel, Windows 7 keeps detecting it as "Generic Bluetooth Adapter"...

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Yes, that combination works.

MBura1
Novice

Hello Joe and Kumar

I have the same issue with the N 2230 card.

I managed to remove the generic drivers that kept installing the "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" (see how in /message/313056 this post, answer number # 2).

Then the intel driver update utility detected I needed the "StP-BT_17.1.1501.01_s64.exe" and "Wireless_17.14.0_s64.exe" drivers.

I installed "Wireless_17.14.0_s64.exe" first, then "StP-BT_17.1.1501.01_s64.exe".

Still in device manager there is no "BT Radio" node, and the BT device is not recognized.

Should I stick to some older driver? Could you point me to the correct one?

I have Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1.

Thanks

jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello RMabu,

To avoid duplicate information, please check the response in forum:

0 Kudos
dgola11
Beginner

Hy folks! I found a final solution, at least for my laptop (sony vaio multiflip win 8.1 64bit).

As the most of you, i changed my original broadcom card in order to get better wifi and miracast function with this intel card. I relaced and, despite the wifi works really well, i got the bluetooth totally dead. It didn't even appear at the devices manager. It was like there was no bluetooth card at all...

I lost a couple days working on it and found a solution. The almost MAGIC FIX is to isolate pin 51 at the card. I couldn't beleive when i found it at another Intel forum post. But i tried and it worked at the first reboot without any driver adjustment. I'm using the latest driver as recomended by intel driver check software (don't remember the exact name, but you can find it easily here).

Here is the picture at the original post showing the pin you must isolate. I isolated mine with a very cheap "durex" tape. /servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-241400-237258/1600-899/bt_hack.jpg https://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-241400-237258/1600-899/bt_hack.jpg

The original post is here:

Sorry about my poor english (i'm brazilian) and have you all good luck trying!

Best wishes!