Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager HP All-in-One 24-b209na

MPapr
Beginner

My Bluetooth connectivity is currently broken, and I'd like to get it fixed up.

I've got a thread running on the HP Support Forums - see

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-disappeared-from-Device-Manager-on-Pavilion-All-In/td-p/7077456

The spec of my machine can be seen here -

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05368374

All my BIOS, drivers and o/s are up to date, I've also attached the system report generated from Intel Driver & Support Assistant.

Any help getting my Bluetooth working greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello MPapr,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

Based on the information that you have provided on the HP thread, I would like to ask you for the following details about the issue that you are experiencing with your Bluetooth device:

1. I can see that you have the latest version of Windows* 10 installed (1903), did the issue start after installing these updates?
  2. Is the Wi-Fi connectivity working properly?
  3. Can you see any unknown device listed in Device Manager?
  4. If you go to Apps&Features, are you able to see the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® software listed?
  5. I was able to see that you have tested with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers, so have you tested with the Intel® generic drivers? If not, please visit our download center to get the latest Bluetooth drivers for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28805/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=94854

Please test also with the steps below:

• Go to the search Windows search bar
  • Type services
  • Click Yes at the pop-up window to allow this app to make changes.
  • Locate the Bluetooth Support Service and click on Bluetooth Support Service.
  • Click Restart at the left top corner.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

Abigail G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Under Contract to Intel Corporation. 

0 Kudos
MPapr
Beginner

Thanks Abigail,

answers as follows...

"I can see that you have the latest version of Windows* 10 installed (1903), did the issue start after installing these updates?"

Bluetooth had disappeared prior to 1903 Windows update.

"Is the Wi-Fi connectivity working properly?"

Wi-Fi is completely fine, no issues ever arisen with this.

"Can you see any unknown device listed in Device Manager?"

No unknown devices in Device Manager, all displayed devices working properly (no Bluetooth device(s) visible).

"If you go to Apps&Features, are you able to see the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® software listed?"

Did you mean Programs & Features?? Latest Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® software has been downloaded and installed, and is showing ok in Programs and Features (I'll post a screen shot later to confirm this).

"I was able to see that you have tested with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers, so have you tested with the Intel® generic drivers? If not, please visit our download center to get the latest Bluetooth drivers for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168:"

I believe I'm running with latest Intel Bluetooth drivers, as mentioned above - I'll retry using the link you've provided and report back.

Bluetooth Support Service - this has been changed in Services to start automatically, and is showing as running.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
MPapr
Beginner

Hi Abigail,

as I thought I was already on the latest Intel Bluetooth driver as downloaded from the site you suggested, I've attached pre and post install screenshots as promised - no change to the symptoms of the problem, no sign of Bluetooth in Device Manager.

Any suggestions on what I might try next?

Your assistance appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
MPapr
Beginner

Pre-install screen-shot

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello MPapr,

Thank you for sharing the outcomes and the information provided.

Based on the information that you have provided I would like to ask you if you have performed any change internally to the Wireless adapter or the antennas?

My recommendation would be to try performing a clean installation of the wireless adapters, including your Wi-Fi drivers and Bluetooth drivers, by following these steps:

Note: Our recommendation would be always to install the drivers provided by your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) since these drivers are customized with features and settings specifically for the best performance of your computer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-24-b200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/13823536/model/14731291

Clean installation steps:

1.  Download and save the drivers for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
  2. Uninstall your Wi-Fi driver. Windows* may have an inbox Wi-Fi driver for your wireless adapter. You can't uninstall an inbox driver (you won't see the "Delete the driver software for this device" option). Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it’s uninstalled.
    1. Go to Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
    3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
    4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
  3. Uninstall the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® software from the programs and features list.
  4. Restart your computer.
  5. Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion.

Also, have you tried running the Windows* Troubleshooter for the Bluetooth device? If not, please try:

Select the Start Windows button, then select Settings > Update & Security  > Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, and then select Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions.

Let me know if there is any change after these steps.

Best Regards,

Abigail G

0 Kudos
MPapr
Beginner

Hi Abigail,

in answer to your question, I haven't performed any work on the unit/Wireless adapter/antennas - I've never opened the unit up to perform any work on it.

As per your instructions I've done a clean install of both WiFi and Bluetooth based on downloads from HP support site.

The attached System Report shows the Network Card now running with version 19.51.19.1

I've also attached the screen-shot of currently installed Intel software packages and their respective versions.

I've just run the Bluetooth troubleshooter - it runs and says that Bluetooth is not available on this device - not very helpful, but at least consistent with the fact that it doesn't appear at the Device Manager level.

Any further ideas??

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
MPapr
Beginner
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello MPapr,

Thank you for sharing the updates.

The last thing that I would recommend to you, is to check if the option "Show Hidden Devices" is enabled in the Device Manager. Which, being honest, not necessarily will work since the Windows* troubleshooter is not fiding the device. To enable this option you can use these steps:

1. Click on View.
  2. Click on Show Hidden Devices.
  3. Search for the Bluetooth device, if it is not listed separately, it should be listed under the Network adapters or Other devices sections.

If there are no results of the Bluetooth device even by following the steps above my recommendation would be to contact your OEM for further recommendations such as BIOS settings changes, OS re-install/restore point, if it is necessary to open the computer and check the antennas and adapter connections, etc.

Best Regards,

Abigail G

0 Kudos
MPapr
Beginner

Hi Abigail,

I tried the Device Manager options you've described, without success.

I'll continue to chase OEM.

I'm not comfortable with opening the computer to check antennas etc.

Thanks for your efforts, I really appreciate you taking time to help out.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello MPapr,

You're welcome, sir. I hope your OEM can help you to solve this issue.

Best Regards,

Abigail G

0 Kudos