Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Bluetooth driver rollback to onboard WIFI mobo mfg. supplied driver?

NBrow7
Beginner

I have unistalled the newest Intel bluetooth driver from Windows 10 because it doesn't work. I am attempting to reinstall the MSi supplied Bluetooth driver, but even though the driver has been uninstalled, when i try to install the roll back, the downloader stops me and says the latest driver is already installed. It won't allow me to proceed.

When I reboot Windows 10, it doesn't reinstall the BT driver, so, I have no BT now.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
AlHill
Super User

On what device are you trying to do this?

Provide the manufacturer and model number of the device.

If this is a laptop, you should use ONLY the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

This is an MSi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC build with Intel Dualband Wireless AC 9260. Onboard WIFI.

I updated the Intel Bluetooth drivers 20.110.0.3 using the Window 10 utility after installation. It update to Intel 20.120.2.1.

Hope that answers your question.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer will be able to assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

Thanks Doc

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Have you tried an installing of the Bluetooth driver from the device manager? Reference link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html, once you have completed the uninstall you can try uninstalling the driver provided by the manufacturer. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Have you try the steps provided? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

LeoC_Intel,

That's not my issue.

I have uninstalled the Intel bluetooth driver 20.120.2.1 several times. Windows 10 re installs the same driver when I reboot. The option for "roll back driver" is greyed out in device manager. When I try to uninstall and then reinstall from a selected file that I downloaded, -the MSi manufacturers bluetooth driver that came with the motherboard, it will not allow the reinstall. It will only allow the install of version 20.120.2.1, which does not work.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Thank you for the information. Can you tried uninstalling the Bluetooth driver from device manger and then installing the driver provide BY the OEM, but with the system not connected to internet to avoid any automatic updates. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

Thank you Leonardo C.,

Unfortunately, when I disconnect the internet connection and try to uninstall/reinstall the OEM driver, I get the same error code whether it is connected to the internet or not. It says- A newer version is already installed.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Can you tried uninstalling both wireless and Bluetooth driver form the system and installing the drivers provided by MSI* on the system? You can follow the steps on the link provided previously to uninstall both drivers. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

Thank you Leonardo C.,

I successfully unistalled Intel Bluetooth driver 20.120.2 and re-installed the OEM Intel bluetooth driver 20.110.0.3 that was provided by the MSi, the motherboard manufacturer (the WIFI and Bluetooth are onboard the MSi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC mobo.) Neither driver functions in Windows 10 with the current settings.

I boot the same computer into a Linux OS and the bluetooth driver in Linux works perfectly, so there is no issue with the hardware.

Using Windows 10 pro, I am able to send and receive files on paired devices that otherwise cannot connect.

I can also connect to bluetooth speakers successfully.

I cannot get any of 3 separate phones to connect, using windows 10 bluetooth, but all will connect using Linux.

I can get a separate computer to connect to the MSi mobo/Windows 10 device using bluetooth, but the audio from the connected device will not go through.

The connected device does appear in audio properties in Windows 10, but the Windows 10 device does not appear in audio properties on the other connecting computer.. It will stream audio to connected device, but will not receive audio from same device.

I hope that explanation is not too confusing.

0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

Thank you Leonardo C.,

I successfully removed Intel Bluetooth driver 20.120.2 and installed the OEM Intel Bluetooth driver 20.110.0.3 provided by MSi the motherboard manufacturer. This is an MSi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC mobo with onboard wifi and bluetooth. Neither Intel bluetooth driver works with the current Windows 10 settings.

I booted the MSi B450 into a disk with an Linux OS and everything works in Linux, so there is no hardware issue.

I can pair devices such as cellphones using MSi B450/Windows 10, and I can send and receive files to those paired devices but they won't connect or play audio.

I can successfully connect to bluetooth speakers.

I have connected another computer to the MSi B450/Windows 10 device. the B450 will send audio out but will not receive audio. It will also send files but won't receive them.

So, It seems to connect going out but won't receive incoming connections (?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 I am glad to know that you have been able to complete the driver install, in order to look into the behavior that you have please provide me with the updated SSU report (including the recent driver updates), and the MSINFO32 report. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner
Thank you Leonardo C.,  Please find the requested updated SSU report and MSINFO32 report attached.
0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

Thank you Leonardo C.,

this forum will not allow me to attach the MSINFO32.nfo report. I have emailed it to you.

0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

Thank you Leonardo C.,

please see the attached updated SSU report you've requested. As stated previously, I cannot upload the .nfo file type of the MSINFO32.nfo report. That file type is not allowed in the upload feature of this forum. I have emailed both of these files as an attachment reply.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Thank you for the SSU, I was not able to get the MSINFO32, I am going to sent to a private email for you to attach the MSINFO file to continue the investigation. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Thank you for sharing the system information and the behavior that you are having with the Bluetooth connection. Allow me to investigate the behavior will be posting back as soon as news becomes available. In the meantime i would like to confirm if the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 come pre-install on your system? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Could you confirm if the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 comes pre-installed on the system? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner
Leonardo C., Yes, that is correct. The pre-installed Wireless- AC is Intel ® DualBand Wireless-AC 9260, Bluetooth 5.0  Thank you,  NBrow7
0 Kudos