Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Bluetooth driver rollback to onboard WIFI mobo mfg. supplied driver?

NBrow7
Beginner

I have unistalled the newest Intel bluetooth driver from Windows 10 because it doesn't work. I am attempting to reinstall the MSi supplied Bluetooth driver, but even though the driver has been uninstalled, when i try to install the roll back, the downloader stops me and says the latest driver is already installed. It won't allow me to proceed.

When I reboot Windows 10, it doesn't reinstall the BT driver, so, I have no BT now.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
NBrow7
Beginner

Leonardo C.,

Yes, that is correct. The pre-installed Wireless-AC is Intel ® DualBand Wireless-AC 9260, Bluetooth 5.0 

Thank you,

NBrow7

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Thank you for confirming the information. Allow me to investigate the behavior will be posting back as soon as news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Thank you for waiting. At the time of sending the files from the phones please try the following steps: 1- Right click on the Bluetooth icon in his PC and select 'receive a file'. 2- Now send the file from the mobile phone. It will be received by the PC. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

Thank you Leonardo C.,

At the time of beginning this thread, I had already established that I can send or receive a file on paired phones that are otherwise not connected.

The same phones that are paired and can send or receive a file- will not successfully connect, and have no other functions of bluetooth capabilities except for sending or receiving a file.

I can also connect bluetooth speakers

In other words, no bluetooth devices can connect except for bluetooth speakers using Windows 10 with Intel bluetooth drivers.

This is why I attempted to roll back the bluetooth driver previously.

Using Linux, the bluetooth devices work normally on all functions and capabilities, and can successfully connect all bluetooth devices fully.

I am attempting to connect any phone via bluetooth and play music files from the phone to the PC using Intel ® DualBand Wireless-AC 9260, Bluetooth 5.0 . The phones will not connect.

I connected another PC with bluetooth 2.0 but it would not play music files onto the Intel ® DualBand Wireless-AC 9260, Bluetooth 5.0 device. It will allow music to be played from the Intel ® DualBand Wireless-AC 9260, Bluetooth 5.0 device onto it.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Thank you for the information. At the time of sing the testing with Linux are you using any specific software for playing (transferring the music for the device to the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260)? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NBrow7
Beginner

Thank you Leonardo C.,

I am not sure what you mean by "At the time of sing the testing with Linux..."?

I am using the media playing software provided with the standard installation of Linux.

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no, I am not using a specific media player to initialize the music playing from my cell phone in Linux. The music plays through the system- and a media player does not open up. It is all controlled using the cell phone player.

When using Linux, the devices all connect normally and have all functions. This is a standard installation of Linux Mint 19.1 that uses no specialized software per se.

Thank you again-

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello NBrow7 Thank you for the information. I have been searching into the behavior that you are having and I came across a similar request on the Microsoft community (reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-stream-music-from-iphone-to-windows-10/cbaba6db-3464-45bf-9f02-3ba2650eb525), this behavior seems to be more related to the Operating System (OS) feature than a Bluetooth hardware/driver issue. Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there. In this case, I would recommend contacting Microsoft to confirm if transferring/streaming media form the phone to computer is a supported feature on the OS. Microsoft support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos