Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7723 Discussions

Bluetooth issues on W11? (AX200)

Bg56
Beginner

Looking for anyone who has seen this - recently upgraded to W11.  MS Bluetooth mouse is frequently disconnecting - never did this with W10.  Battery replaced, drivers updated.  Only way to get the mouse back working is to WIn+A, turn off bluetooth and turn it back on (or reboot).  Win support seems to think it's an INTEL driver issue.  Tried newest and back level one version neither fixed the issue.

Any input appreciated.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Bg56  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the pre-installed wireless card in your system or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 
  2. What is the model of your laptop / Mini PC / Motherboard (Desktop PC)? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Bg56
Beginner

This is a home built system with an MSI motherboard and Windows 11.  There were no problems under Windows 10.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I consider it an absolute requirement to reinstall many of the Intel driver packages - Wireless and Bluetooth especially - after upgrading to Windows 11. At this point, I believe that you need to do a clean reinstallation. Here is the process:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649.
  2. Most important! Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable *must* be such that it will persist and stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Bg56
Beginner

Hi - it took about 24 hours but the problem recurred after totally removing and reinstalling the intel Wifi and Bluetooth drivers.  Any other suggestions appreciated.

0 Kudos
Bg56
Beginner

Apologies for delay in responding - I went a couple days with no failures but this morning had multiple back-to-back failures.  I appreciate the detailed process doc... have reinstalled both Wifi and Bluetooth.  Will see if that fixes it and respond when (if) I see results positive or negative.  This failure is hit or miss - sometimes happens every few minutes and sometimes skips a day or 2.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Bg56  

If I may jump into the conversation, thank you for the information provided. However, we need clear answers so we can provide you with the proper support so please reply to the following questions correctly. 

1. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your system or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 
  2. What is the model of your laptop / Mini PC / Motherboard (Desktop PC)? (Please be specific).

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Bg56
Beginner

Jocelyn - you must have missed my reply to those questions earlier in the thread.

This is a home built system with an MSI motherboard and Windows 11.  There were no problems under Windows 10.

To be more specific - here are the key components:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model MS-7C56
System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. A.D0, 4/28/2023
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product B550-A PRO (MS-7C56)
BaseBoard Version 2.0

Wifi card is Wifi 6 AX200 160Mhz

Is there something more you need?

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Bg56  

Thank you for the information provided, this was not added to your first answer.  

What I understand from your post, the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 is the pre-installed wireless card in your motherboard, is it correct? 

However, checking on your Motherboard's website, there are no drivers for an Intel card, only for Realtek cards. Is this an upgrade/integration you did to your motherboard? 

If that's the case, it is worth mentioning that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Bg56
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

I think we're misconnecting here.  This is a HOME BUILT computer as I have stated 2 times now.  The motherboard did not have a built-in wifi card.  I purchased the Intel Ax200 separately and installed along with the other components to build this computer.  I understand Intel's limitations on "support" - I asked this question to the community to see who has observed this issue and if anyone has any suggestions.

Again - all the hardware combinations worked fine for multiple years until the Windows 11 upgrade.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Bg56  

Thank you for your reply but as I previously explained, Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work properly with the system.  

Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
MikeB602
Beginner

Having just gone through a similar thing, I discovered that the AX200 card requires USB for Bluetooth to work; without it, all you have is a cromulent older-generation (not sure what the difference between the AX200 and 201 is, but my newer laptop has a 201 chip) wifi card. The skimpy documentation that came with the Really Cheap card was silent on how this works. Any problem with the USB connection and there's no Bluetooth. *AND* the card's USB cannot share a USB port with anything else!

This last is important. I have only 2 USB2 blocks on my (MSI Z490-A Pro) motherboard, and had a hub on one of them. Moving the AX200 card's USB to the the unshared USB block and fiddling with the hub to make the other connections work ended up with everything working for the first time since I got the card (the old wifi card did not have Bluetooth, so the front panel worked fine). So: BE SURE that the AX200 USB connection is secure and does not share a connection with anything else.

Check your wiring! Especially if it worked in Windows 10 and no Bluetooth device now shows up in Device Manager. Also, in Device Manager, set View to include Hidden Devices - if Bluetooth then shows up, after installing the latest drivers as noted above (as it did in mine), especially with a device not found (code 45) error, CHECK YOUR WIRING!

0 Kudos
Bg56
Beginner

Not sure if this is the same thing but I got a wired USB mouse and keep it plugged in "Just in case" - no failures since then.  I'll know better than use this Intel card for my next computer build.

0 Kudos