Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Bluetooth mouse cursor stops after 3-4 sec of inactivity

idata
Employee

Hello everyone!

Here is the problem: my bluetooth mouse does not work properly on Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3 2018.

The mouse cursor stops moving after 3-4 seconds of inactivity. Starts working again after button clicking or wheel scrolling.

I can't use it at all, it's terrible! You need to make a click, and only after 0.5-1 seconds the cursor starts working. Leave the mouse for 3 seconds or just stop the cursor for 3 seconds - it does not move again.

The optical sensor works properly and lights up brighter when moving (as usual).

I changed the batteries to new ones - it did not help.

All drivers in the system are updated, incl. an Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter, a chipset, etc. I tried to install older drivers from the Xiaomi website (v.19.71.0.2), newer - from the Intel website (v.20.50.1), from the Windows Update center - it does not help.

In the power settings, all the "Turn off to save power" checkboxes are removed from the bluetooth adapter, mouse and all associated devices.

This mouse is quite old (it was bundled with Asus notebooks about ten years ago), it works (and always worked) without complaints on the other three PCs on the same version of Windows: stationary with a third-party Chinese bluetooth adapter and laptops with built-in bluetooth from Broadcom and Atheros.

IMPORTANT: if I use a third-party usb bluetooth adapter (and disconnect built-in Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter, of course) on this notebook , the mouse works without this problem on this notebook, so problem is with Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter or it's driver.

Added: also noticed a thing: when you do not touch the mouse for some time, then intensively pull - the cursor still moves for a split second, then just stops moving at all. That is, it does not fall asleep in fact, just bugging from activity after 4 seconds of waiting.

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello vaprol,

Thanks for posting. Are you experiencing similar issues with other Bluetooth* devices? Also, what's the mouse make and model?

As for troubleshooting, please go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel® Wireless Adapter > Properties > Advanced > Disabled Bluetooth AMP and reboot. If there's no difference, you may Enable the feature again.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Eugenio!

Thank you for your answer!

I do not have any other bluetooth mouse, but I have no problems with bluetooth audio devices like JBL Charge 2+ or Anker Sounbuds IE20.

It's originally Logitech V270 (branded by ASUS, doesn't matter).

Unfortunately, I didn't find Bluetooth AMP settings:

Thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vaprol,

Thanks for your reply.

Please disregard our previous recommendation, not all Intel Wireless Adapters share the same Advanced options.

I checked both our communities and Logitech* communities, but just found https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00007WskJCSAZ/logitech-v270-bluetooth-mouse-with-windows-10-home one post describing a similar behavior on their forums, it remains unanswered.

This could be a compatibility issue between the system and the device. We recommend to test connecting the mouse as the only Bluetooth device on the system to confirm if that makes any difference. Other than that, the Bluetooth adapter seems to be working properly as confirmed with other devices.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello again, Eugenio!

That's great that you found that topic on Logitech forum! Because that's exactly what I have!

It is interesting that this guy created the topic on 10th of May despite of the fact that it's very old model of mouse. So it could be a problem with Win10 1803 update, for example, or with my laptop model (it's quite new).

(but I will not reinstall the system for an older version just for the test)

I always tried to use mouse as the only Bluetooth device. I connect audio devices hardly ever.

So I'll try to get in touch with the guy from that forum to find out his PC configuration. Maybe this clarifies the situation.

If I have a solution or some other details, I'll necessarily write about it here!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vaprol,

Thanks for reply. We hope you find a solution or at least confirm the reason for this issue.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Eugenio!

Writing to you about what I managed to find out.

That guy from Logitech forum told me very interesting and useful facts:

- he has another laptop - Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK (but with Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter, as my Xiaomi)

- he has all system and drivers up to date

- IMPORTANT! His Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse used to work perfectly, without any problem before Win10 1803 update.

So problem appeared only with Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter on the last 1803 update of Win10, and of course with Logitech V270 mouse (maybe there are other models with this problem, I do not know actually).

I created a https://answers.microsoft.com/ru-ru/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B0/bf292572-e1d4-436f-8978-332814b9cc05?tm=1529015136802&auth=1 post on Microsoft Forum with this problem. And their moderator replied me yesterday:

"...

If there is a conflict of drivers, then this issue should be resolved by the manufacturer of the device used, drivers are written for OS, and not OS for drivers.

Please note that the new 1803 update is the new OS and all drivers must be corrected accordingly for the new version of OS.

If you receive a response from the manufacturer that the error is in the system itself, then please report

..."

So maybe you could find some uncompatibility issues in Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter drivers for Win10 v.1803?

Thank you! Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vaprol,

Thanks for the update. I am covering up for Eugenio and would like to inform that we recently released a new Bluetooth* driver for Intel® adapters. Please follow these steps to perform a clean installation:

1. Download and save the Bluetooth* driver obtained from your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support, if they only have an older version, you can use the generic version of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27867/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=94150 Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10* [20.60.0]

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs, and uninstall the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth Software.

3. Check Device Manager - Bluetooth, if the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver is still installed, proceed to uninstall and mark the option to delete the driver software for this device.

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older Bluetooth* driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. After the Bluetooth software is removed, you can install the driver you downloaded before.

Please apply the update, and let us know if there is any improvement.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Johnatan!

Thank you for your reply!

I did everything you had mentioned.

At the beginning Windows didn't allow me to do it of course, because after deleting device OS almost immidiately started to download it from Windows Update servers.

But I switched off from wi-fi, deleted Intel Bluetooth sofware from "Programs and Components", then deleted device (with the option "to delete the driver software for this device") from Device Manager, then made reboot, then checked that I had "Unknown device" in Device Manager, then installed new driver from Intel website (v. 20.60.0.4) (laptop manufacturer has quite old version and I've already tested it before).

But the problem has not gone. No chanches unfortunately.

Waiting for the next driver version from Intel.

I also sent a report directly to Logitech support. But no reply yet.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vaprol,

At this point, checking with Logitech is recommended, since the mouse may not be fully compatible with the latest Windows update.

From our end, we can do a check of your system by getting a full report with the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility, make sure you select all options when you scan the system, then save the log to a file. You can then attach the file to this thread.

For details about the tool, you can review the http://Help Guide for the Intel® System Support Utility Help Guide for the Intel® System Support Utility.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Johnatan!

Where can I attach this file?

Or how can I send it to you directly? I would not want to leave it available in public.

Thank you for understanding!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vaprol,

When you are writing your reply, on the bottom right section of the text box, you will see the option to attach a file to your post. You can use this feature to add the SSU log.

The SSU log does not get any identifiable data or passwords, it only gathers configuration and troubleshooting information. However, if you prefer to provide the log through other means, please let me know and I will contact you privately.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This log has mac-addresses, serial numbers etc., so if is not such a big problem, let me send it to you privately.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vaprol,

Please check your private messages so we can check on the SSU log.

Keep in mind that contacting Logitech is recommended, also, try using the mouse in a different PC that has Windows* 10 updated if possible and check if the issue is present as well.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've answered for your private message.

As for using my mouse with different PC's, I wrote in the beginnig of this topic, that mouse works (and always worked) perfectly on the three other PCs on the same version of Windows (v.1803): desktop PC with a USB bluetooth adapter (trird-party, Chineese, from AliExpress) and two laptops (ASUS and HP) with built-in bluetooth adapters from Broadcom and Atheros.

Also I mentioned that if I use mouse with my Xiaomi laptop, but via third-party USB bluetooth adapter (with disabled built-in Intel Bluetooth adapter, of course), it works perfectly too.

Thank you!

0 Kudos