Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Bluetooth not working - ASUS UX305F

ALand6
Beginner

Hi,

I recently purchased an ASUS UX305F which comes with Windows 8 - I formatted and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and have all features up and running aside from Bluetooth. I've spent ~2 days trying to figure this out and am pretty much stumped - I hope someone here can help me figure this out.

My issue is that Bluetooth does not show up at all in device manager, or when right clicking on the laptop under devices (Bluetooth doesn't show up under the list of options there). I've tried using the Intel driver update utility (Bluetooth download always times out for some reason) but it didn't provide any help - I manually downloaded and installed the latest software versions (18.12.x as I recall) and the Bluetooth patch but no dice.

I then found the following site (http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034940.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Bluetooth® Software Compatibility with WiFi Software Versions) so I tried installing older/outdated versions of wifi software and bluetooth (17.16.10 and 17.1.1501.01 respectively), but I still am not seeing Bluetooth at all in device manager and I cannot pair.

The thing is at some point in my attempts to get this work I must have had bluetooth working as I was able to pair it to a device but it wasn't working - this may have been when I initially installed 8.1 drivers from (maybe from ASUS' support site), but since it wasn't working I uninstalled.

I als tried using FN+F2 keys on the keyboard to try adn enable Bluetooth but although I can see the enable/disable of Wireless/Bluetooth turning on and off it has no function - even if I turn wireless off it doesn't break my internet connection (all other functions such as volume or brightness change work).

Can anyone advise how I can get Bluetooth working here?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ALand6
Beginner

Would a dongle help in this case? If I can't get native BT support to work

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Booster,

Yes, a dongle can help depending on what you want to do. Let us know what Intel(R) Wireless Adapter you have so we can help you.

0 Kudos
ALand6
Beginner

I have the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

Basically all I want to do is set up bluetooth speakers

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Booster,

Please, we recommend that you contact the speaker manufacturer in order to check what Bluetooth profiles it supports. It may be that the profile in it is not supported by the adapter.

0 Kudos
ALand6
Beginner

The speaker works with 3.0 and the laptop comes with 4.0 so that isn't the issue - I'm also able to pair the speaker with my phone so I know that it works.

My issue is that there are no drivers of Bluetooth showing up - in device manager there is no bluetooth even though I've tried several versions of wireless drivers and bluetooth drivers.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Boooster,

Here is what you can do:

1 - First we recommend that you contact the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support (ASUS*) in order to check if the have any available driver that might help resolve this issue. If not, do the following:

2 - Download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25130/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-64-bit Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* 64-bit - Version 17.1.1506.520 File name: Stp-BT-17.1.1506.520_s64.exe

3 - Then, proceed to uninstalling the previous Bluetooth* drivers you have installed.

4 - In Control Panel, Device Manager, Bluetooth Radios, right click on the Bluetooth* xxxx and uninstall it.

5 - Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

6 - Then, once you have installed the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology, you need to check if the Bluetooth* profile your speakers have is supported by the adapter. Here is how you do to check the profiles on the adapter:

• From the task tray, click on the Bluetooth* icon.
  • Click Open Settings.
  • Click on the Audio tab.
  • Click on Audio Settings Link at the bottom of the dialog box.
  • View the Intel® User Guide for Bluetooth® Wireless Technology as shown on the picture below:

Once you confirm the profiles supported by the adapter, check with your speakers manufacturer if their profiles are supported on this adapter as well to make sure it will work as expected.

0 Kudos