Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

VNiem
Beginner

Hi,

My bluetooth hedphones suddenly stopped working last week. Headphones are tested on another device and they are wotkin properly.

No new hardware or modifcation done to the computer

I have also tested bluetooth availability on other devices (tablet, win10 phone and bluetooth speaker) with no success.

Here are the facts:

There isn't Bluetotth section on my device manager and a failure under usb ports:

Also under connected devices is:

- I have removed/uninstalled both devices which are shown above and restarded computer. They will come back. So no help

- I have unistalled all intel drivers and put the recent drivers. No help

And here is the current setup:

Any help?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello blackwinds,

We checked the information provided and noticed that you motherboard has built-in WiFi, here are a few items that we would like to check with you:

- Was the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 built from factory with the motherboard, or was it a custom upgrade?

- Since this issue started recently, please check if there have been recent Windows* updates applied, or for any changes in the system that can be undone. If possible, restore Windows* to a previous state.

- Make sure you are using the Bluetooth* and WiFi drivers provided by http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4992# dl Gigabyte Support.

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

- Check with the Motherboard manufacturer and confirm you are using their latest recommended firmware.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
VNiem
Beginner

answers to your questions:

- Factory set

- On the date bluetooth stopped working. no updates on update center history

- Should I uninstall all the intel drivers and install them from gigabyte site?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Blackwinds,

Using the drivers from Gigabyte is the main action to try. Please apply the following actions and let us know if there is a change in the behavior.

Steps to clean install Bluetooth drivers:

1. Download and save the Bluetooth* Software for Windows® 10 obtained from Gigabyte, or our generic version from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26419/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software-for-Windows-10?product=75439 Intel® Download Center

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs, and uninstall the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth Software.

3. Check Device Manager - Bluetooth, if the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver is installed, proceed to uninstall and delete it.

4. After the Bluetooth software is removed, you can install the driver you downloaded before. Reboot the PC after this.

Steps for a clean installation of WiFi drivers:

1. As first option try using the latest version available from Gigabyte*.

If the issue is not solved with the OEM driver, you can repeat the process using the generic driver version from Intel® Download Center:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25833/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 [18.40]

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older wireless driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Remove temporary files: Press the Windows Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK. Select the main drive, usually C:\. Check Temporary Files and uncheck everything else. Press OK.

6. Install the Intel Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Blackwinds,

We haven't received any reply to our last post. Please let us know if there was a change with the recommended actions, or in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
VNiem
Beginner

Hi,

Forgot to update the situation. I did all the above. Did not help.

Yesterday i made a clean install of Windows 10. That did not help either.

I am starting to think that this might be an hardware issue and not a software/driver related issue...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Blackwinds,

Since the issue was not solved with a clean installation of Windows* it may well be a hardware problem. Keep in mind that you can contact Gigabyte* for assistance about replacement and troubleshooting, since they are the board manufacturers.

Here are a couple actions for your consideration before engaging the OEM:

- Make sure that the BIOS of your Motherboard is the latest from the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support.

- Go into the BIOS of your computer and reset the configuration to Default values.

If the issue persists, then Gigabyte would be your best source for support.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
VNiem
Beginner

Hi,

Got it working today. Opened the computer case and cleaned all the dust away.

Fiddled around the AC7260 module. Moved it a little bit also turned the antenna connection.

and now bluetooth works!

No idea what happened but anyways CASE CLOSED

Thanks for the help allthought it needed only a little "spring cleaning"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Blackwinds,

We are glad to know the issue has been resolved and the adapter is working fine now. A little house cleaning is always good and I am sure this will help other users as well.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos