Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Bose QC2 Bluetooth Sound Break and Quality Problem

ESela1
Beginner

I have looked at Bose, Intel (for bluetooth driver), reddit, youtube and Win 10 Forums to find a solution to this generic problem that everyone seems to be having. I have removed, and reinstalled the latest drivers for bose, for bluetooth and for sound drivers. The win10 is up-to-date. I have removed the hands free bluetooth service that fixes some peoples problems but not mine. I am out of ideas and posting this in intel, and windows in the mean time as well. Does anyone have a real solution to this problem that seems to be caused by not being able integrate between Bose, Intel Bluetooth Driver and Win 10 Operating system. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ESela1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

What is your Intel wireless card product? please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Questions:

• Just to confirm, are these your headphones BOSE* QuietComfort® 25?
  • Is this the only device presenting this behavior when it is connected to your computer?
  • Have you tested the device on another computer, cell phone?

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ESela1
Beginner
Hi Adrian, The wireless card products is; Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® * Driver DetailsUp to date * ProviderIntel Corporation * Version21.80.0.3 * Date9/2/2020 * Device Details * ManufacturerIntel Corporation * StatusOK * Device IdUSB\VID_8087&PID_0029&REV_0001 1. Yes they are mine bose quite comfort 25 noise canceling headphones. 2. Yes 3. It works perfectly on an iPhone/
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ESela1,

Thank you for your input.

I appreciate the details, could you please provide us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to the thread?

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
ESela1
Beginner

Hi Adrian,

Attached. Thanks

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ESela1,

Thank you for your response.

I was checking the report provided in order to get the model of the wireless card installed on your system, however, the report does not show any information about the drivers and model of the wireless card.

Upon checking the official website of the system manufacturer MSI* it seems that the model of your computer is MS-7C60 which I think should be this one MSI* TRX40 PRO 10G, please confirm it.

• Is this the original Wireless card that came on the computer? Was it changed?
  • Could you please confirm the model of Intel wireless card, it could be like the following examples: Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201, Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200, Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
  • You might try to check in the device manager on the network adapter, the model should be shown.
  • Could you please try different Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth speakers and test the behavior?

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
ESela1
Beginner

Adrian,

It is MSI TRX40 Pro WIFI. I have tried with a different bluetooth headphones (airpods 2nd gen) this time and the same problem still exist. It is the original wireless card. It is Wi Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ESela1,

Thank you for your reply.

You previously mentioned that you already removed and reinstall the drivers however not sure if you tried that with the customized drivers provided by the OEM.

if not, please try a clean Installation of Wireless Drivers 

Step 1: Get the latest system-specific drivers from your computer manufacturer support. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/TRX40-PRO-WIFI#down-driver&Win10%2064

Step 2: Uninstall your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers. 

Windows* may have an inbox Wi-Fi driver for your wireless adapter. You can't uninstall an inbox driver (you won't see the "Delete the driver software for this device" option). Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it’s uninstalled. 

• Disconnect the computer from internet access.  
  • Go to Device Manager. 
  • Expand the Network Adapters category. 
  • Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it. 
  • Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device. 
  • Restart your computer. 

Repeat the same process for the Bluetooth drivers.

Step 3: Driver installation. 

Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator, and follow the wizard to completion. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
ESela1
Beginner

Adrian,

I have done a clean installation as instructed above, making sure that i selected delete the driver software for this device. Then ran the setup wizards but still the issue persist.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ESela1,

It seems that this behavior is not related to the drivers, upon doing some research you might try the following steps:

• Sometimes there could be interference with BT and WiFi since they share frequencies so you might try to change it if your Wi-Fi router supports both bands, it might help to connect more of your Wi-Fi devices to the 5GHz band.
  • Configure your Wi-Fi router to use a different Wi-Fi channel.
  • Move Closer to Your Router.
  • Make sure your system has the latest audio driver.

Also, Many manufacturers provide their own proprietary drivers that can cause interference with other devices as could be the case here.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
ESela1
Beginner

Funny enough I am connected on 5GHz band and the router is next to the computer. I have disabled wifi and stuttering still persist whilst listening on headphones. What might me the other drivers that causes interference?

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ESela1,

I was wondering if you have checked the antennas connection on the I/O shield. Make sure they are properly connected you might try to reconnect them.

In some cases, there are devices that use their own drivers from the system manufacturer that might need to be optimized to work properly with other devices.

If that does not work you might contact the system manufacturer of your motherboard since the behavior might be related to hardware issues on the wireless card since 2 Bluetooth headphones do not work properly.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
ESela1
Beginner

Hi Adrian,

I was actually wondering abour antennas as well. There arent any connected antennas externally. Were they supposed to come inclusive with the wireless hardware?

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ESela1,

Wireless antennas are generally provided by each OEM, as they will need to fit each computer and may subject to country-specific regulatory requirements. 

also, you can check the following links Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200

Which connector is used to connect the of Intel® wireless card to Wi-Fi antenna

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
ESela1
Beginner

Thank you so much Adrian. Antennas were not installed and were left in the box/ I paid the oem to custom build the computer. After I have called them and told them the problem they did not advice me of such antennas even knowing that my motherboard was msi pro wifi. What a time waste. Greatly appreciate your help and your patience/

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello ESela1,

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to know that you were able to install the antennas and it works now.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos