Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

CCKM Option Intel Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205

idata
Employee

Does anyone know if there is a download for the NIC mentioned in the subject that has the Intel ProSet utility that allows you to select a CCKM option? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

I also forgot to add the NIC is on a Windows 7 32-bit system.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Connection Utility has the option to use CCKM.

Just go ahead and create a new profile; it can be created as an individual profile or from the Administrator Tool. Once you click on Profiles, click on Add (fill in General Settings blanks for a new profile) or Properties (for an existing profile), you may go to Security Settings, select Enterprise Security and WPA(2) Enterprise. Then, when you click on the Cisco Options button you should see Allow Fast Roaming (CCKM).

idata
Employee

I'm not able to do so on the system I have. The system is a Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit with the Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 NIC. What I have installed is the wireless enterprise "Wireless_15.6.1_se32" When I open the ProSet/Wireless Tools I only have diagnostic, Intel vPro technology with Location-Based Services, WiFi HotSpot Assistant, and Administer. Administer only lets me import a profile of file type .p10, .p50, or .profile. Do you know of the correct file I would download and install to be able to create a profile and select the CCKM option?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

OK, the options you see appear when you open that window from Control Panel or the Start Menu. If you want to create/edit an Administrative profile then click on Administer and follow the steps above.

If you need to create an individual profile look for the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Connection Utility icon on the right side of the taskbar (system tray) and double click it. Be aware the icon may be hidden. A different window will appear with the Profiles button at the bottom; then follow the steps I mentioned in the previous post. You can also open the Administrator Tool from the Tools menu if you need an Administrative profile.