Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Can AX201 use on i5 8265U?

LManY2
Beginner

motherboard have CNVio interface.

Is AX201 backward compatible?

Can AX201 support the CNVio interface?

Can AX201 use on 8gen processor?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

From what I know, the AX201 requires CNVio2.

Just use an AX200.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=189347,130293

However, if your device is a laptop, consult with your laptop manufacgturer first for compatibility.

Doc

0 Kudos
LManY2
Beginner

How can i use AX200?

My motherboard only have CNVio interface.

AX200 is mini pcie.

That mean, AX200 is not able to use on CNVio interface

Assuming my laptop is compatible, may i change ac9560(CNVio) to AX201?

If can't, please tell me about more how to use AX200(mini pcie) on the CNVio2 interface.

And is AX201 actually backward compatible?

Can it supports CNVio interface and 8 GEN processor?

Please answer my all the question.

If can't answer my question, help me ask technicians of intel.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

However, if your device is a laptop, consult with your laptop manufacgturer first for compatibility.

Doc

0 Kudos
LManY2
Beginner

​my laptop is basically compatible

I ask  laptop manufacgturer already

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Rubbish. If you asked the laptop manufacturer already, why are you here?

Doc

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello LManY2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

As @Al Hill mentioned it's highly recommended to check this integration with the system manufacturer of your computer. Based on the technical product specifications of the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201, it shows that the connector interface is M.2 CNVio2 and for Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 is PCI-e, USB. The system manufacturer should be able to confirm if the integration is possible on your system since there some factors that might not allow making this change successfully.

• Consider that Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may limit the computer to only specific wireless adapters.
  • Laptop manufacturers must meet regulatory requirements to determine if you can install the Intel Wireless Adapter in your system, Replacing an adapter associated with specific wireless software and a different adapter type may cause connection issues or software error messages. 
  • Your system manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or hardware packaging they provide.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos