Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Can I use intel 8265 NGW in AP and STA mode simultaneously?

SPond
Beginner

I am using intel 8265 NGW wifi card in a project and my design needs the card to be used as both AP and wifi client simultaneously. The description that the iw gives about the card implies that it supports this scenario but the kernel is refusing to allow me to do that.

I am using iw to create two virtual wlan interfaces on the existing wlan0 interface. I am able to bring the first interface up and if I try to bring up the second interface the kernel is giving me an error.

ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or resource busy

Could you please shed some light on this.

Hardware details

Processor: Xilinx SoC (64 bit ARM processor)

Wireless Card: Intel 8265 NGW

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SPond, Thank you for posting on this Community. We support issues related to the download and installation of software only. For general questions about Intel Wi-Fi on Linux, you can email linuxwifi@intel.com for more information. We also recommend visiting the following Community. Linux Community Page http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos