Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Can not connect AC 8260 to Roku Wireless Display, please help?

MKing7
Beginner

I have 2 Dell XPS laptops both running Windows 10 at latest versions and latest drivers and both running exact same configuration of Norton firewall. One is using an AC 7260 wireless card and I have no issues connecting to my Roku as a wireless display. The other laptop is using an AC 8260 wireless card and when I try to connect to the Roku wireless display, it starts connect, the Roku displays my computer name, says connecting and then says connection failed.

I have tried the same thing with the Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter, with the same results. The 7260 card connects with no problems but the 8260 looks like it is connect and then fails.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello MKing7, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Is this an integration? Have you tried the driver from your computer manufacturer? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MKing7
Beginner

Hi Amy,

This is not an integration. It is out of the box Windows 10 (but I think started with Windows 8) , Connect to Wireless Display (WiDi)...

which Microsoft puts out a WiDi adapter to plug into a TV, etc, or Roku and FireStick have included in their devices.

Windows uses the default wireless adapter / card to access those devices, which I am using Intel cards on both of my machines. My manufacturer is Dell and they do not publish a driver for the intel cards as they recommend use of the Intel drivers, which is what I am using.

Again, it works perfectly with the AC 7260 card but not the AC 8260 and I have tried it with multiple WiDi devices, so it is not a problem with the device.

Any other thoughts / know of where to find someone who has experience with connecting to WiDi devices?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
MKing7
Beginner

Hi Amy,

This is not an integration. It is out of the box Windows 10 (but I think started with Windows 8) , Connect to Wireless Display (WiDi)...

which Microsoft puts out a WiDi adapter to plug into a TV, etc, or Roku and FireStick have included in their devices.

Windows uses the default wireless adapter / card to access those devices, which I am using Intel cards on both of my machines. My manufacturer is Dell and they do not publish a driver for the intel cards as they recommend use of the Intel drivers, which is what I am using.

Again, it works perfectly with the AC 7260 card but not the AC 8260 and I have tried it with multiple WiDi devices, so it is not a problem with the device.

Any other thoughts / know of where to find someone who has experience with connecting to WiDi devices?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
You can try the following version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28267/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=86068 using these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html You can find support for using Miracast at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/search?query=miracast. One particular article that may be helpful is project to a wireless display with Miracast. Or, you could also check with your computer manufacturer. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you have more questions, please let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MKing7
Beginner

Hi Amy,

Thanks for checking. I followed all of the instructions and installed the recommended versions of the driver and Pro Set software and it did not make a difference. Still can not connect to the Roku with the AC 8260 card like I can with the AC 7260. I also tried changing mode selections to n, b/g, etc instead of ac per one of the other linked articles. Did not help.

However, I did note that the ProSet install gave this option (picture)....

[image: image.png]

.... which mentions Intel Wireless Display. I understand that the WiDi that

Intel was developing had a conflict with Windows Miracast and Intel decided

not to continue developing the WiDi technology and it is no longer

supported by Intel.

Do you know any more about that?

Should I be leaving that option checked or turning it off?

Do you know if the Intel WiDi is compatible with the Roku devices?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Try full network reset using the network reset feature and also make sure the graphics drivers are updated to the latest. Check with your computer manufacturer for the latest graphics driver. Please check troubleshooting steps below. Use network reset to reinstall network devices https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues For specific Miracast issues the best thing to do is to contact Microsoft. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you have more questions, please let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MKing7
Beginner
Hi Amy, I finally had a chance to get through all of the suggestions and embedded links, etc. Unfortunately still not connecting properly, however, upon review of the suggested Miracast resources it appears that the problem may be related to the Display driver and not the wireless adapter. I am currently using the Intel HD Graphics 520 version 23.20.16.4973 dated 2/28/2018. Windows 10, Dell SupportAssist, and Intel Driver & Support Assistant all indicate that this is the latest version. Any suggestions of any other drivers / versions to try? And/or can you confirm that this driver is compatible with MS Miracast? Thanks much, Matt
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
The drivers should work fine, but from my end the support for this limited. As I mentioned before, for specific Miracast issues the best thing to do is to contact Microsoft. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
hklum1
Beginner

Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Fire TV Blank Screen on Booting

If you have an Amazon Fire TV device and you have come across an Issue Of Blank Screen On Booting. You can follow the given steps to sort this issue.

• Check whether your TV is on, set to the HDMI input option where you have connected your Fire TV device.

• If you are using an HDMI cable to connect the Fire TV, try reconnecting the device. Try a different HDMI cable.

• Temporarily unplug the device connected to the HMDI port.

• Try using the TV on a different screen resolution.

If you continue to face the same problem even after the above-given steps, it is best suggested that you contact the Firestick Support and avail their expert advice on your problem

READ MORE: Firestick Tv Tech Support Number

0 Kudos