Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Can't See N Wireless with Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030

CKell7
Beginner

I just installed a router with dual band and N Wireless.

On my son's Asus Computer - he has an Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 wireless card.

-I understand that this card is a single band card and operates only on the 2.4 GHZ circuit.

HOWEVER

-when I check on the radios using the command prompt and the command: netsh wlan show drivers

-the only Radio Types Supported by the card are 802.11b and 802.11g (no N)

Help? Please! How can I get the wireless card's N radio working (I've done all of the setting Intel recommends).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello CK111,

The Wireless N mode can be disabled from the Advanced Adapter properties in Device Manager. Please apply the configuration from the document: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm?wapkw=wifi+recommended+settings What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity?

If the issue persists after applying the recommended settings, please let us know the computer model, operating system, driver version, and any other change or troubleshooting you may have performed already.

CKell7
Beginner

Thank you Jonathan. Have been out of pocket much of the last two days.

-I'll double check the settings to make sure that they are 'right' per the link you sent and let y'all know.

THANKS AGAIN!

0 Kudos