Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Can't install Bluetooth drivers

pner
Novice

I have Lenovo E330 with integrated Intel Bluetooth. The problem, what I can't install driver, durning installation I get error " Product: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallBluetoothMediaPlayerController, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\, command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\BTPlayerCtrl.exe" -RegServer " I tried in tall drivers from Lenovo website, from Intel, but always get same error. Cleaned registry, rebooted PC, nothing helps. Computer runs on Windows 7 Pro

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

paulyz,

There have been reports from other users that an update provided by Microsoft* is causing this situation. These same users also reported that by uninstalling KB3161608 the issue is resolved. You are welcome to confirm it here: /thread/104414 KB3161608 + Bluetooth

Also, in the same thread, please check the reply provided by user GattoNero as it contains useful information regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Aleki
idata
Employee

paulyz,

We understand you have replied to this thread: https://communities.intel.com/thread/104414 https://communities.intel.com/thread/104414 that by uninstalling the Windows* update KB3161608 the situation you were experiencing has been resolved so we would like to know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
pner
Novice

yes, it solved. But later I got KB3172605, which breaks Intel's BT again

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

paulyz,

The only workaround available at the moment is to remove the KBs that is causing the issue so that the Bluetooth can work. We are informing Microsoft* about this. Thank you very much for taking the time and letting us know about it. Is there anything else we can do to assist you with?

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

paulyz,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you still need our assistance.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
pner
Novice

I removed two windows update and now all working correct.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

paulyz,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know that the situation has been resolved by removing the Windows* update KBs. Should you have any further questions or doubts in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos