Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Can't uninstall/reinstall drivers for Dual Band Wireless AC-7265

NZion
Beginner

First post, so I hope I did this correctly.

My problems started when I received an update for my wifi adapter (not the intel). It somehow knocked my adapter out of service, and nothing that I could think of worked. (More on that later.) As it is, I wanted a new adapter, so I install the AC-7265, installed drivers, but the computer still did not recognize the adapter.

After some digging, it appears that the specific error is that the device is not migrating (I'm running Windows 10, and the drivers were for Windows 10)

I wanted to reinstall the drivers under compatibility mode, but I cannot uninstall or reinstall drivers, as I keep getting an error saying that 'Installation is blocked, pending a reboot.'

Info attached, I hope it's enough to go by. Thanks!

Running Windows 10, 64 bit.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Magiceight,

Before we go any further we would like to inform you that Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by another one. Please check this link for further information on the subject: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade and http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter? - Our first recommendation is to contact the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support and check if they have any solution for this issue.

On our best effort to assist you, you can try the following steps:

1. Download and save https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25510/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 - File name: Wireless_18.21.0_s64.exe

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

NZion
Beginner

Thanks, but like I posted, I cannot uninstall. As you can see in the attached jpg, I get an error when I attempt to uninstall the driver, that the software is waiting for a pending reboot.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Magiceight,

Researching further on this particular issue, it seems Windows* is preventing the driver from installing. Please contact your compuuter manufacturer in order to obtain further assistance.

Please click here to find the list of http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support Websites for proper support.

0 Kudos
jlawr3
Novice

How many more weeks/months have to pass before you guys come up with a viable solution for this garbage wireless adapter? Many of us bought machines without ethernet based on the advertised reliability of your dual band wireless adapters. I can't speak for everyone here but i personally spent a small fortune on my ultrabook and this has been the biggest disappointment.

I read review after review before purchasing and all that anyone talked about was intels skylake processor which makes me wonder if intel and pc manufactures pay these guys. How could they not have experienced these connection issues?

If you think I'm going to attach a USB WiFi dongle/extender/adapter/tether/duct taped coat hanger to this thing your stuck in 1998. You wouldn't put a cassette player in a tesla would you?

The amount of threads on various support forums including intels regarding this issue is staggering. I thought i was inconvenienced, schools, businesses etc bought dozens if not hundreds of machines with this adapter installed and the best advice you can give these institutional clients is uninstall/reinstall? That's like my company's IT guy asking if i restarted my desktop when tell him it's taking too long to boot!? If you can't adequately service these institutions what chance do individuals like myself have at recurving an immediate fix!?

I'm over it. HPs, Asuss(Asuss', Asus'ss...?), Lenovos and Intels support can go to "D-ell". You guys should seriously reconsider the word "support" in your job title. How in the hell is HPs warranty dept going to tell me they haven't heard of any issues relating to intels wireless adapter? I'm going to pull this adapter out like tom hanks pulled that cavity in cast away. And unless you want to me send me the 2015 ac-8260, 3165 or tri blend 17265 im going with your # 1 competitor. And when my new wireless adapter is finally clocking speeds that your bs product brief claims im going to screen shot it and copy/paste the crap out of it and let the world know the $20 piece of garbage you put in my ferrari ultrabook is just that!

And please for the love of God, do not reply with advanced adapter settings like change power sleep mode, fat channel intolerant, HT mode or your classic go-to...uAPSD. Unless you have a VIABLE SOLUTION don't say anything. I'll take that as "we sell bad products for a profit" and go about my business.

I feel better already

0 Kudos