Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Can't use Intel PROSet/Wireless Software in Windows 10 x64.

Jon-xelex
New Contributor I

I installed Intel PROSet/Wireless Software from VIP packag#10000750 in Windows 10 x64 but there are many problems:

1. I can't find the user manual of this software on Windows 10.

2. When I click cpappletexe.exe file of this software in C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin, they require me import a wireless profiles file with file format are *.p10, *p50,*.profile. I don't know why I have to import this file and how to create a wireless profiles file with format *p10, *p50, *.profile.

So how can I create wireless profile? Thank for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Jon-xelex, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jon-xelex
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto_R_Intel1,

Thank you for replaying my issue.

1. The Wireless card is Intel AX201.

2. I am currently using laptop MSI Prestige 15 A10SC.

3. The router is only just a generic model.

4. It's not a new computer.

5. It's working fine and I'm trying install Intel PROSet/Wireless Software on this computer, I didn't make any hardware changes.

6. The wireless card installed on my computer when I buy it.

7. I am using Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.804.

8. The problem happens when I use my computer to intall and use this software at my company.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Jon-xelex, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Jon-xelex, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, we can confirm that now the Intel® ProSet application is no longer supported since Windows* 10 handles everything as the Intel® ProSet app did it. 

If by any chance you cannot find specific files, then the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the place of purchase so they can further assist you with this matter in providing that documentation.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos