Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Cannot identify wifi intel centrino advanced-n 6235 in windows 8

idata
Employee

Hi,

I have read alot of issues with BT and win8 of these devices but my BT is working just fine. However i cannot detect the wifi.

I am running an intel NUC computer with the latest chipset drivers as well as wifi/BT drivers from intel.

Intel Centrino wifi doesnt even show up in the device manager under network adapters.

Any idea what the issue can be? Please help.

//Paul

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you for your post Paul.

A couple of questions for you:

• Could you post a Photo of the front and back of the wireless adapter?
  • Also have you tested this only Windows* 8 or also Windows* 7? (if you tested Windows* 7 did you experience the same issues?)
  • Also let us know what BIOS version you have on the NUC? (In the Operating System press the windows key and R, type msinfo32 and hit enter) and the on the right side of the window is should list BIOS Version/Date

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm having the same problem with my Intel Nuc (DC3217IYE, latest bios) and a Intel Centrino 6230 wifi card (latest intel drivers) on Windows 8 64bit. BT works fine but no wifi! The wireless adapter does not show up in the device manager.

Please help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem: Windows 8 X64 Intel NUC DC3217IYE bios Ver 036 , N 6235. BT ok but Wireless not.

Thank You

0 Kudos
THagl
Beginner

Windows 8.1

intel nuc dn2820fykh

BIOS 25

wifi rarely seen in device manager.

if I pull the wifi card and sata disk, boot the bios let it fail to start os

then power down re-insert wifi and sata, wifi will work until I power off again

bluetooth is seen but wifi is not.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Kindly provide two pictures of the Intel® NUC board, one with the wireless adapter and one without it; both without the SSD. Please make sure the installation area is visible.

0 Kudos
THagl
Beginner

I did some more testing yesterday.

When the card is "gone", it's missing from the BIOS, so any OS troubleshooting is not necessary.

I pull the card and re-insert, actually sometimes this works, sometimes it does not (maybe it depends on capacitors drain time etc?).

Then I go back into the BIOS and check if it's there.

If I'm lucky it's there and I start my OS (in my case win 8.1) and wifi works. And it will work while powered on. If I power the NUC off and disconnect power for a while it's usually gone again.

Yesterday I found a N6205 laying around and it now stays visible in the bios. We'll see if it stays that way in the coming week.

I think suspect a bad N7260 card. (coincidentally same chipset as is in my Vaio Pro 13 where it is **awful** in the 2.4 ghz spectrum).

Can I RMA a component of a NUC?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Torg, I want to thank you for the pictures and information you provided. I verified that it is possible to RMA an Intel® NUC component with your nearest http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel® support team.

Can you comment about your results after replacing the preinstalled adapter with the Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6205? Remember that not all driver versions apply to all wireless adapters and operating systems.

0 Kudos
THagl
Beginner

after switching to N6205 it's been solid. No issues losing wifi at all.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I actually wanted to take a look into the Intel® NUC board where the wireless adapter is supposed to be installed.

Anyway, you may replace the wireless adapter with your seller if it is necessary.

0 Kudos
QZhou5
Beginner

I'm having the exact issue as the original post suggests. My box is an Intel NUC Kit DC53427HYE, and I have installed all available drivers prior the installation of WiFi card Centrino 6235. After the installation, I installed both the WiFi driver Wireless_16.7.0_e164.exe and the bluetooth driver BT_3.1.1311_e164.exe. Since then, the bluetooth has just worked perfectly fine, yet no Wireless Adapter was found in Device Manager from Windows 8.1 x64 (fully patched as of 3/2/2014), nor any unknown devices.

I'm attaching the photos Joe has requested.

0 Kudos
QZhou5
Beginner

However, I'm having another issue, which I cannot boot into BIOS setup program (F2 doesn't work, though I'm not sure if it's related to the fact I have enabled Fast Boot and General Boot Optimization previously).

The BIOS revision is 0030, flashed by RKPPT10H.86A.0030.EB.WINPE64.EXE.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

560889223, I want to thank you for the pictures too. I do not see anything abnormal in your integration.

Your BIOS/F2 key issue is probably caused by the boot optimization options. You may want to take a look into these articles or other threads about this issue.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034050.htm Intel� NUC; Using Fast Boot to reduce boot time

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034637.htm Intel� NUC Boards and Kits; Cannot access BIOS Setup with F2 key

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I wonder if anyone has replaced the Intel® wireless adapter or Intel® NUC and wants to comment about it. We have different models affected and the only pattern present is the behavior itself.

0 Kudos
SCerr
Beginner

Hello,

I've been redirected to this thread from:

I have the same issues. Removing and putting the card back solves the issue, but only temporarily (until next boot).

I attach pictures as requested.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks, please allow me to take a look on this issue.

0 Kudos
THagl
Beginner

I see there is a new firmware now, I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

On a different note, got another DN2820FYKH. I could not enter into the BIOS at all until I used a non-microsoft keyboard... extremely annoying.

0 Kudos