Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Cannot turn on wifi 7620 ac Bluetooth works

jmarino42
Beginner

I have installed the 7620 ac card and the drivers show that they are installed correctly.  I can turn on the bluetooth portion of the card but the wireless will not turn on.  I used the intel drivers and support software.  I have tried multiple options but to no avail.

It is looking for a manual switch.  When I use the Windows 10 switch in the network manager it shows it is turned on but the indicator light on the front of the computer does not turn on and the wifi is unavailable.  When I re-install the previous card, it powers on as soon as the computer is turned on.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello  jmarino42

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please share with us the following information: 

•  When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system?
  • Is this a new computer?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Please list the drivers you tested.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello  jmarino42

We will share here the information that you provided privately to help other community members that might experience the same problem:

• This is a Toshiba Satellite L675D-S7052 laptop
  • You upgraded the OS from Windows 7* to Windows 10*
    • After this change, you lost some features like the function keys to turn on/off the WiFi.
  • The wireless card is visible on device manager, it's identified correctly.
  • The Bluetooth on the card works fine, when trying to access WiFi it says that they need to turn on WiFi.
  • The Windows option to turn on WiFi doesn't work.
  • There are no BIOS settings for the wireless card.
  • There are no BIOS upgrades.
  • Same thing occurs with Windows 7*

Since this is a Toshiba laptop, this could be a compatibility issue that doesn't allow you to get full wireless functionalities. We recommend that you verify with the OEM to confirm compatibility, get the recommended drivers and for other suggestions. Your system might require the OEM drivers to enable the WiFi. We can recommend the different drivers available on our website:

But if none of them resolve this problem, it's better to check directly with the laptop OEM. Let us know if there is any other information you need.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello jmarino42

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

If the issue persists, our last recommendation is to check this further with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Toshiba* for further assistance and debugging. For your convenience, here is the link to Toshiba* Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos