Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Centrino 2200 Unable To Maintain Connection

AMorr8
Beginner

Once out of every 10-15 connects results in a "stable" connection with adequate throughput. This lasts less than 12 hours before the connection is fails to provide any data while still reporting a strong signal. I am no more than 5 meters from my AP and networking works flawlessly with an ethernet cable. At that point I must disconnection and again attempt 10-15 connections often times getting one or two web pages to load before it drops out again and I have to roll the dice on a reconnect. My network is optimized in relation to surrounded wireless networks, drivers are updated upon release and I have followed tip after tip, thread after thread, configuration after configuration yet I am unable to remain connected to a wireless network.

I am on a Toshiba Satellite P875 and I am frankly getting very upset at the lack of functionality in my device. The fact this issue has made the front page of Reddit and we still haven't seen a proper response is absolutely astounding. I feel that this burning through any goodwill I have for this company at an exponential rate. dr perf

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Milsorgen, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We have not seeing frequent issues with this adapter model specifically; however, we are working on a solution for connection drop issues on the reported adapters along with the collaboration of technical savvy users who volunteered in order to accomplish this goal. In the meantime, you may consider contacting your system manufacturer, if you have not done so before.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

0 Kudos